Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Kym Royster - Žabiny Brno (Czech Republic)

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2019/6/25/womens-basketball-kym-royster-inks-pro-contract-in-czech-republic.aspx

Indiana Women's Basketball alum Kym Royster has signed her first professional contract to play for Žabiny Brno in Brno, Czech Republic for the upcoming season.

In her four seasons at Indiana, the Newark, Ohio native started in 77 games, including every game of her junior and senior season. She concluded her career at IU as the program's all-time winningest player with 88 victories and appeared in the postseason in all four seasons. Royster scored 876 career points and 617 rebounds while shooting 56.6 percent from the floor. She graduated in May with a degree in youth development. 

Royster will report in early August to Žabiny Brno, who plays in the highly competitive Czech Republic ZBL and finished as runners-up last season.

Quote from Teri Moren
"We are excited to see Kym sign her first contract and continue her playing career overseas. She's a tremendous young woman who will continue to do great things for her new team in the Czech Republic. We are looking forward to following her professional career this fall."

Quote from Kym Royster
"I'm blessed to have this opportunity to continue doing something I love on the professional level. I'm excited to go overseas and not only play ball, but to travel and see the world! I look forward to competing and being a part of the run towards a league championship."

Head Coach Jakub Gazda of Žabiny Brno "is excited to welcome Kym to the Žabiny family for the 2019-20 season. We needed to replace our American post player this year after enjoying great success last year. We weren't just looking for a player at the same position, but also a person of a similar character-hard worker, team player, unselfish and coachable. From our research Kym will fit the profile well. We hope we can pick up where we left off last season (league runner-up) with Kym and get even further, especially in the international competitions throughout the regular season."