Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4-star 6'7" Jalen Bridges from Fairmont, WV offered today per Corey Evans.   Plays AAU for Wildcats Select on the adidas circuit (AAU teammate of Zach Loveday).  247 rates him #81 overall and the #20 SF.  

Rivals

Jalen Bridges '20 (SF)  - Wildcats Select         Has IU Offer    
Date W / L Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Blks. Stls.
4/12 W 18 7 7 2 2 2 3 1 3 0 0 0
4/13 W 18 6 16 3 10 3 3 3 3 2 2 1
4/13 L 16 5 11 4 9 2 4 4 0 1 1 1
4/14 W 9 4 9 1 4 0 0 2 4 0 0 0
4/26 W 20 4 4 2 2 10 13 1 2 1 3 0
4/27 L 14 6 12 2 6 0 1 4 3      
4/27 W 19 4 11 0 5 11 11 7 2 1 1 0
4/28 W 24 10 19 3 8 1 1 3 1 0 1 1

Avg   17.3 52%   37%   81%   3 2 1 1 0

Stockrisers.com -

He’s been a breakout prospect this spring and has continued his terrific play going into the summer; 2020 Jalen Bridges also has a rising recruitment after making the decision to reclassify to 2020 after being a member of the 2019 class.

“I just feel like I wouldn’t be able to handle college next year mentally or physically so I think living on my own will be good for me. Also I want to go somewhere and play immediately and not have to redshirt,” Bridges said on reclassifying decision.

He played great at the Adidas Gauntlet this past week and played in front of many coaches, which helped him garner some new interest.

“Texas A&M and Oklahoma are the new ones on me.”

He also landed an offer from Alabama two nights ago as well.

He’s taken some unofficial visits, which came during the season, but he would like to take more visits. Where to though?

“I don’t have any scheduled but I’ll probably try to get to Miami, Indiana, back to Ohio State, and Alabama.”

8 hours ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Why not redshirt if you're already going wait a year? 

Redshirting doesn’t solve the problem of not being ready to be on your own at college.  I think that’s what this kid is worried about.  

Redshirting doesn’t solve the problem of not being ready to be on your own at college.  I think that’s what this kid is worried about.  

What did his comment about living on his being good for him mean? I know he wasn’t talking about redshirting but wasn’t sure what that meant

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, we made his top 10.

The talented wing had a superb Summer on the Adidas Circuit averaging over 17 points per contest in helping Wildcats Select reach the quarterfinals of the Adidas Gauntlet Finale. Bridges goes in depth on each of his 10 finalists below.

The visit I took to Ohio State was amazing and coach Holtman and coach Pedon have made me a priority.

With Alabama, a staff member was at almost every game this Summer and I love their style of play.

For Miami, I talk to Coach Larranaga almost everyday and I have a really strong relationship with Coach Fisher. Their last 4 wings have gone to the NBA.

I talk to Coach Miller every day and when you think of college basketball it’s hard not to think of the Indiana Hoosiers.

I have a strong relationship with the entire staff at Xavier and trust that they can help me become a pro.

Texas A&M – Coach Williams is a great coach and the SEC is a great conference to play in.

West Virginia is my home state school, 15 minutes away from my house. I have a strong relationship with the whole staff and some players.

Pitt is close to home, the Capels have done a great job recruiting me.

Coach Capko has done a great job at building a strong relationship with me in a short time. Also USC is a great school for basketball and academics.

Oklahoma State has also built a great relationship within a short time and have a great plan to make me a professional.

Jalen is one of the most coveted prospects in the country based on his combination of perimeter shotmaking, defensive versatility and college readiness. Bridges is going to be a tremendous addition for one lucky program and we anticipate the 6’8 wing to be a rotational player the moment he steps on campus.

Has now finalized visits with 'Bama, Miami and Xavier but at least we get mentioned in this article from Brian Snow:  "...Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Indiana, Texas A&M, USC and Oklahoma State will be vying for the remaining places on his list, and potentially official visits as well."

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Jalen-visits-official-visits-Xavier-Miami-Alabama-top-100-list-cut-decision-134452929/