Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Tak42

Maui Classic 2020

I will be there! Last time i went, we called IU and asked for tickets but that didn't work. I ended up phoning the center there in Maui and secured them that way. The ticket packages they offer didn't work for us because we were staying elsewhere and traveling from here in AK so we had to go that route. I will keep you posted on how we end up getting ours.

Just got a twitter tweetie thing stating the Maui Invitational travel packages are up for sale now. if someone can post that twittie thing on here for others, that would be great. Aloha, you goin' with me this time or are you gonna put up some wimpy excuse again? This happens to be played in your old stomping grounds, just sayin'! Plus, you owe me much mai tais

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2020/1/27/mens-basketball-travel-packages-to-2020-maui-jim-maui-invitational-on-sale-now.aspx

Men's Basketball 1/27/2020 11:03:00 AM

Travel Packages to 2020 Maui Jim Maui Invitational on Sale Now

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Story Links

MAUI, HAWAII (Jan. 27, 2020) – For the first time ever, the Maui Jim Maui Invitational will offer VIP Travel Packages alongside its All-Tournament and select Booster Travel Packages, which go on sale beginning Jan. 27. The 37th edition of the nation's premier early-season Tournament, which features Alabama, Davidson, Indiana, North Carolina, Providence, Stanford, Texas, and UNLV will be held Nov. 23-25.

Instructions on how to purchase and detailed information for each available travel package is located on the Tournament's travel page at www.mauiinvitational.com/tickets. All-Tournament Travel Packages and the following Booster Travel Packages are now available:
  • Alabama: Coming Soon
  • Davidson: Monday, January 27
  • Indiana: Monday, January 27
  • North Carolina: Monday, January 27
  • Providence: Monday, January 27
  • Stanford: Monday, January 27
  • Texas: Coming Soon
  • UNLV: Monday, January 27
Travel packages include a minimum 5-night hotel stay at one of the Tournament three host hotels – the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa, and Westin Maui Resort and Spa. Additionally, shuttle passes from any hotel to the Lahaina Civic Center and complimentary Maui Jim Sunglasses (selected onsite) are included for each member of the travel package. All-Tournament Travel Packages include tickets to each of the 12 games, while Booster Travel Packages include tickets to each selected team's games.

Purchasers can customize their experiences while in Maui by selecting additional hotel nights, services and activities during the reservation process. Flights, ground transportation, meals and other Tournament-sponsored events – including the HMSA Sun, Surf & Hoops 5K, the Maui Jim Maui Golf Classic and An Evening with the Coaches Banquet – can be secured through the online booking system.

The Tournament's newest option allows fans to purchase an elevated experience with the VIP Travel Package. These packages include a minimum 5-night hotel stay at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, ticket to each of the 12 games, shuttle pass to/from the Lahaina Civic Center, unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages in the Stadium Club, complimentary drink tickets for those 21+, Happy Hour reception on Sunday, Nov. 22, Chalk Talk Luncheon with Tournament Chairmen Dave Odom, exclusive Half Court photo and Tournament keepsake, and complimentary Maui Jim Sunglasses (selected onsite) for each member of the travel package.

At this time, tickets for the 2020 Maui Jim Maui Invitational are only available through All-Tournament or Booster Travel Packages. Ticket-only packages, based on availability, will go on sale in August 2020.

The programs heading out to Maui in 2020 boast a combined six Tournament titles, led by North Carolina's four championships. Providence owns the first-ever Tournament championship from 1984; both the Friars and the Davidson Wildcats were members of the inaugural Tournament field. Indiana, North Carolina, and Texas rank in the top-20 all-time winningest programs. Davidson, Indiana, North Carolina, Providence, and Texas each own at least two NCAA Tournament appearances since 2015.

About the Maui Jim Maui Invitational
In December 1982, then No. 1 ranked Virginia, led by National College Player of the Year Ralph Sampson, played little-known NAIA Chaminade University in Honolulu while on the way back from a trip to Tokyo. The Silverswords stunned Virginia 77-72 in one of the greatest upsets in college basketball history. Two years later, in 1984, Chaminade University hosted the first Maui Jim Maui Invitational and it has proven to be the premier early-season college basketball tournament for 36 years running. Each year, the Maui Jim Maui Invitational attracts the top programs, best-known coaches and most outstanding players to compete in an exciting atmosphere at the Lahaina Civic Center near the beautiful beaches of Maui.

About Maui Jim Sunglasses
Maui Jim sunglasses were born on the beaches of Maui and designed to protect eyes from the harsh rays of the island sun. Today, Maui Jim is recognized for unparalleled "Aloha Spirit" and customer service as well as patented PolarizedPlus2® lens technology, which blocks 100% of UV rays and eliminates glare while enhancing color, definition and depth perception.  Maui Jim
sunglasses have earned the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.  For more information, visit MauiJim.com or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram at @OfficialMauiJim.

About Tournament Sponsors
Other sponsors include the Maui Visitors and Convention Bureau, County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation, Hawaii Tourism Authority, HMSA, Continental Tire, Hawaii.com and Tommy Bahama. The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa and Westin Maui Resort & Spa, all located in the beautiful Ka'anapali Beach Resort area, serve as host hotels.

About KemperLesnik
KemperLesnik is a sports marketing, events and public relations agency. Ranked by Crain's Chicago Business among Chicago's top PR agencies, KemperLesnik produces integrated communications programs and manages major national events, including the Maui Jim Maui Invitational, the McDonald's All American Games, the POWERADE Jam Fest and activation and public relations for KitchenAid and its PGA of America partnership. KemperLesnik has operated the Maui Jim Maui Invitational since 1990. For more information, visit www.kemperlesnik.com.

so USPS... we gonna get linked up and get HAMMERED DRUNK???? and party like it's the day after Christmas packages are delivered?

Yes to meeting up and having some drinks and probably no to the hammered drunk. I’m guessing my wife will have itinerary planned out for when we are not at the classic. Definitely need meet up

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just got a twitter tweetie thing stating the Maui Invitational travel packages are up for sale now. if someone can post that twittie thing on here for others, that would be great. Aloha, you goin' with me this time or are you gonna put up some wimpy excuse again? This happens to be played in your old stomping grounds, just sayin'! Plus, you owe me much mai tais

I’m built of excuses bro. It’s good you’ll get the opportunity to get out of the snow and into the sunshine though. Wish I could join but I’m sure I’ll be buried in books still. I know you’ll drink my fair share of mai tais, I’ll send my apologies to your wife for your behavior.

I don't think i'm going to be able to make it now. crazy how things have changed.

You and the wife can just sail down and stay on the boat. Maui, sans all the accompanying fans, wouldn’t be a terrible place to be during all of this.

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per Jon Rothstein:   

Source: The 2020 Maui Invitational is considering Harrah's Cherokee Center in Asheville, North Carolina as a potential location.

Hmmmm... maybe driving distance. Will they let fans in?