Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) PF Jalen Washington to UNC

Washington is really drawing attention to his game this weekend at the Grassroots Showcase in Louisville.

From Justin Young at HoopSeen.com - Upon first glance at the Mean Streets EYBL team, big man Jalen Washington made it pretty clear that he was in Louisville with a purpose in mind - to eat up the competition. Washington was a paint warrior and his efficiency was outstanding once he set his feet and went to work around the rim. The big man was outstanding from tip to finish. When you’re consisted a top 25 player in the country, the expectation to deliver and produce comes with every game you suit up for. For Washington, he delivered in a win here on opening night.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

“Coach (Dane) Fife, a couple days after he had transferred in (from Michigan State) let me know that he was at IU and he was still going to recruit me and he wants me there,” Washington said.  Fife had been leading the charge for Michigan State on Washington before he joined Woodson’s staff.  And the IU head man in charge has been in touch with Washington too.  “He called me about a week ago and we had a good talk,” Washington said of Woodson.  “We’re just getting to know each other.  The next time we talk we’re going to get into more basketball and what he thinks about me and my game.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-in-state-5-star-jalen-washington-impressed-with-woodsons-resume/?fbclid=IwAR3nuq6VOd2aNqMv66d_E7upKSZsgchOTGoSo7nlk5eVJZcE7zbK6XoRcW4

I'm generally an optimist.. right or wrong. But, this sounds veryyy promising, yeah? 

Trevor Andershock at the Hensley Run-N-Slam:  Jalen Washington (2022) is shooting the *%#$ out of it against Team Teague - pick and pops, face-ups in the mid-range, finishing at the basket. It's been a tremendous day for the @GWSBoysBball forward.

But, Andershock also tweeted:  Make that three (dunks) as Caedmon Bontrager puts Jalen Washington on a poster

Samad Hines:  Super impressive game this morning from 2022 F Jalen Washington (@jalen_w13).  Watched him post 25 points (10-14 FG 2-5 from 3) in a win.  Very skilled versatile big man, runs the floor, able to score in different ways, and plays at his own pace.

Trevor Andershock - Jalen Washington turned in a great performance against Team Teague. It was the best Indiana Basketball Source has seen him play this travel season. He was nailing shots from all over the court  – pick and pop threes, trailing threes, face-up jumpers in the mid-range, finishing at the basket. He was also a force on the boards with multiple effort and out of his area rebounds. Washington displayed why he is the top prospect in the state’s 2022 class as he pushed Meanstreets to the win over Team Teague.

Trevor Andershock on this morning's game - Jalen Washington and Kam Craft with 14 a piece as Meanstreets hold on by 5 against Nova.

Bossi on Saturday's performance --  Currently ranked No. 22 by 247Sports and No. 20 in the industry generated 247Sports Composite ranking, Washington put on an impressive display of skill and touch as he continues to evolve and adjust as a player. When he first hit the scene two years ago, Washington was a long and lanky four man with some athleticism and ability to get out in transition. Now, he’s overcome a knee injury and has turned himself into a skilled faceup player. His footwork in the post is well above average, he is a very dangerous shooter from deep and he has a presence on the floor beyond his years. The maturity he plays with is remarkable. Whether it is nearby Purdue, Indiana, Michigan State or any of the other programs chasing him, whoever gets him will be happy to coach him.