Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) PF Jalen Washington to UNC

Just now, Stuhoo said:

If we get two of Clowney, Flip, and Banks they can have him.

Yeah, Agree.

Clowney, Flip, Washington will be huge additions wherever they go.  Hard to really distinguish. Getting 1 of these 3 will be just fine, if we can pull it off.  

I like Banks better than his current ranking.  I see him as a 3-4 like a Geronimo.   

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If we get two of Clowney, Flip, Taylor, Vincent from LaLu, and Banks they can have him.

Love that Stuhoo. I think we are going to miss on Taylor and Flip. 247 has Vincent as a lock to Baylor as he's from San Antonio. We can certainly roll with Clowney, Banks......and Hood-Schifino who comes on his official visit in a few days. And I agree on Banks. Kid shoots almost 40-percent from the 3-point line and had perhaps the most glowing post IU visit interview I've even seen.

Edited by Its Always Sunny at IU

Love that Stuhoo. I think we are going to miss on Taylor and Flip. 247 has Vincent as a lock to Baylor as he's from San Antonio. We can certainly roll with Clowney, Banks......and Hood-Schifino who comes on his official visit in a few days. And I agree on Banks. Kid shoots almost 40-percent from the 3-point line and had perhaps the most glowing post IU visit interview I've even seen.

Flip is who I really want but Clowney, Washington is a 1a, 1b, 1c situation. So long as we get an impact big.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Flip is who I really want but Clowney, Washington is a 1a, 1b, 1c situation. So long as we get an impact big.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If we fail to find what we want in the recruiting cycle, expect CMW to hit the portal. I think that will be plan B going forward. Coach is well versed in the free agent market and I expect him to exploit it.

I like how things are coming together with our 2022 class but if Washington is out of the equation I still want to see him anywhere but Purdue.  I hope the optimism out of Purdue circles is just from him being a big from northern Indiana and the likelihood those players have to wind up at Purdue.  His Fan Future Cast shows Purdue, but every kid they've taken the slightest look at will have a Fan Future Cast for them.

10 hours ago, cthomas said:

If we fail to find what we want in the recruiting cycle, expect CMW to hit the portal. I think that will be plan B going forward. Coach is well versed in the free agent market and I expect him to exploit it.

There's great momentum with IU hoops now and to continue that into the 2023 class we can't just miss on everyone we are recruiting and use the portal as our fall back. I agree with you that Woodson and Indiana will be beneficiaries of the portal system, but "failing to find what we want" means we missed on every 2022 recruit we went after. That would not be a good look for this coaching staff. Land at least one very good recruit then make the tourney next season and IU will be be rolling going forward.  

12 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

There's great momentum with IU hoops now and to continue that into the 2023 class we can't just miss on everyone we are recruiting and use the portal as our fall back. I agree with you that Woodson and Indiana will be beneficiaries of the portal system, but "failing to find what we want" means we missed on every 2022 recruit we went after. That would not be a good look for this coaching staff. Land at least one very good recruit then make the tourney next season and IU will be be rolling going forward.  

I have no doubt we will get some guys out of our '22 targets. But possibly not everything we want. The portal will be a familiar and and nice tool to fill out the roster, especially for a coach who used something very similar in the NBA.

4 hours ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

I actually think that the portal moving forward will be tougher to get kids from the portal. Kids will think twice about entering since they can only do it once without having to sit. So there won’t be as many people entering as the last couple of years. Less people entering the portal will mean more competition to land the guys worth getting. 

“They’re very much still in touch,” Washington said Saturday at the IBCA/IHSAA Team Showcase in memory of Charlie Hughes. “Coach (Dane) Fife has been recruiting me since he was at Michigan State. Pretty much the week that he got the job, he let me know that IU and he would still be recruiting me as he was at MSU. I’m really interested to meet Coach Woody. He’s an excellent basketball mind and human being and it would be great to meet him. A lot of the guys from the Knicks organization, everybody loves him. I just want to get to meet him to see how he is personally.”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-jalen-washington-speaks-well-of-indiana-but-unc-shows-force/

Eric Bossi's latest thoughts,

247Sports Ranking: 25.

In the mix: Washington made official visits to North Carolina, Purdue and Stanford during June. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and several others trying to remain involved.

Bossi’s analysis: One of the most skilled post players in the class, Jalen Washington has tremendous footwork, soft touch and shooting range that extends to beyond the three-point line. Although he’s been careful to not list any favorites and there is no concrete word on him leaning anywhere, it would be at least a mild upset if his final pick didn’t come from one of the three programs that he saw during June. Does he stay home, or elect to head to either the East or West Coast? We’ll get a good idea of what Hubert Davis, Jerod Haase and Matt Painter are thinking over the next few weeks.

18 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Eric Bossi's latest thoughts,

247Sports Ranking: 25.

In the mix: Washington made official visits to North Carolina, Purdue and Stanford during June. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and several others trying to remain involved.

Bossi’s analysis: One of the most skilled post players in the class, Jalen Washington has tremendous footwork, soft touch and shooting range that extends to beyond the three-point line. Although he’s been careful to not list any favorites and there is no concrete word on him leaning anywhere, it would be at least a mild upset if his final pick didn’t come from one of the three programs that he saw during June. Does he stay home, or elect to head to either the East or West Coast? We’ll get a good idea of what Hubert Davis, Jerod Haase and Matt Painter are thinking over the next few weeks.

Boooo. If that is the case let's hope for Stanford where he'll get a highly regarded education and never be heard from again as a basketball player.