Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There’s more to being a perimeter player than working on your shooting a bit in the offseason. And no I doubt he worked on it as much as actual perimeter players

This isn't about Morgan becoming a guard or perimeter player, it's about him having the skills and opportunity to play on the perimeter as a big man, and he had plenty of opportunity. 

With that said, I would be floored that if after the NBA told Morgan to work on perimeter skills (we can agree on that, right?) that he didn't focus on that primarily the offseason before his senior year. 

Keeping in constant contact with the staff. Ostrom mostly. Schools outside of the schools that have been recruiting him the hardest want him to hold off committing until he can try to visit them. IU is in a good position.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They want him to hold off on committing to IU or just hold off in committing anywhere? Just curious if you are implying he might be ready to pull the trigger for us or just in general

Four-star 2021 forward Dontrez Styles joins @247Sports to announce his college choice.

“I will be attending the University of North Carolina.”

Probably means UNC will not be looking at Kaufman now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All Name Team out of the gate.

Dontrez Styles.

Apologize if I’ve already shared this recently (can’t remember), but the Dontrez Styles commitment won’t stop UNC from kicking the tires with Trey Kaufman. Styles is their first and only 2021 commit, so UNC plans to take more frontcourt players. Now, it’s been known that UNC is prioritizing about 7-8 other players besides Kaufman. So, they are merely keeping that relationship warm “in case”. If they had made it clear that Kaufman was a priority, then IU fans might have reason to be concerned. But, that’s not the case (right now), so UNC making phone calls to Trey right now are just that...phone calls.

26 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Apologize if I’ve already shared this recently (can’t remember), but the Dontrez Styles commitment won’t stop UNC from kicking the tires with Trey Kaufman. Styles is their first and only 2021 commit, so UNC plans to take more frontcourt players. Now, it’s been known that UNC is prioritizing about 7-8 other players besides Kaufman. So, they are merely keeping that relationship warm “in case”. If they had made it clear that Kaufman was a priority, then IU fans might have reason to be concerned. But, that’s not the case (right now), so UNC making phone calls to Trey right now are just that...phone calls.

The sooner the better for an announcement for sure.

16 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Indy Sports Partizan said Chris Reynolds would be our new AD. 

So there's that.

But lots of connected people are saying that something may be in the works to happen soon.