Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

27 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm thinking this will be something nobody saw coming. 

I'm predicting he becomes an Indiana State Sycamore, then changes his name to Tree Kaufman. Then, after packing up his trunk and taking root in Terre Haute, he'll suffer a back injury, but will miss only five games after getting some excellent lumber therapy. Eventually, he will feel his game has been spruced up enough after a year, and will branch out and leave for the NBA. 

It won't be a poplar move, so irate IU fans will bark about it, and accuse him of treeson. 

When asked what went wrong in the recruiting process, Archie will say: "I'm stumped." 

Yes -- I know. This is a sappy story. 

Brilliant!

I often feel better after reading your posts. Laughter is good for the soul. 

Thanks again for the free therapy. It’s always appreciated. 

One last thing, do you have any predictions for which NBA team selects him? Perhaps the Timberwolves?

30 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm thinking this will be something nobody saw coming. 

I'm predicting he becomes an Indiana State Sycamore, then changes his name to Tree Kaufman. Then, after packing up his trunk and taking root in Terre Haute, he'll suffer a back injury, but will miss only five games after getting some excellent lumber therapy. Eventually, he will feel his game has been spruced up enough after a year, and will branch out and leave for the NBA. 

It won't be a poplar move, so irate IU fans will bark about it, and accuse him of treeson. 

When asked what went wrong in the recruiting process, Archie will say: "I'm stumped." 

Yes -- I know. This is a sappy story. 

Just as long as he never has to play Oregon State.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Chris, they’re slandering you over at HSN, comparing you to coachass.

I started following IU message boards about 15 years ago and the posters on HSN are those from the original scout site I followed (it’s changed domains multiple times). I was very tempted to log back in and set em straight but didn’t feel like starting that argument... The only guy over there that has been somewhat accurate is the one with 0708 at the end of his username.

2 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

I started following IU message boards about 15 years ago and the posters on HSN are those from the original scout site I followed (it’s changed domains multiple times). I was very tempted to log back in and set em straight but didn’t feel like starting that argument... The only guy over there that has been somewhat accurate is the one with 0708 at the end of his username.

That guy is only “accurate” because he plays both sides of the fence. He and coach SS only develop opinions on big time targets (never anyone esle, as if they don’t matter) and tell everyone we’re getting them and will occasionally sow doubt at multiple points in the recruitment in case the result doesn’t fit the initial prediction. After the Billy Donovan debacle, their fraud was exposed and they haven’t offered anything of value since. 

2 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

That guy is only “accurate” because he plays both sides of the fence. He and coach SS only develop opinions on big time targets (never anyone esle, as if they don’t matter) and tell everyone we’re getting them and will occasionally sow doubt at multiple points in the recruitment in case the result doesn’t fit the initial prediction. After the Billy Donovan debacle, their fraud was exposed and they haven’t offered anything of value since. 

I remember those guys!!!! yeah, they showed their true colors with the Billy D facade

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Don’t forget that AlaskaHoosier is a dumbass whiner that thinks he’s so much better than everybody because he lives in the great frozen tundra!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

you are dead, dead, dead to me. 

10 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

So many excellent posters on HSN.

It's a message board--opinions and crumbs of info are a good thing!

Personally, I enjoy our folks and take stock in the measured info from people in the know on this, the best place, but they are, and we all are Hoosier fans through and through.

Per Treys instagram story, it said "#Committed" and had a countdown till his announcement time, perhaps he has told which staff?

I’ve been told he hasn’t told the staffs yet, as of last night. And that he’s already made his decision which is why his stories have said “#Committed” all week.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app