Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

5 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

I hope you're not just speaking from the heart and you're speaking from knowledge of the situation!

He usually doesn’t speak at all if the player is headed elsewhere and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him be wrong... Not saying he hasn’t been wrong at some point but he’s been the most accurate poster I’ve seen in the 15 years I’ve followed IU message boards.

Eric Bossi - 

One of the most high priority recruits left in the class of 2021, power forward Trey Kaufman who ranks No. 31 on 247Sports has set his commitment date.

Ranked No. 31 overall by 247Sports and No. 41 in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, the 6-foot-8 power forward from Sellersburg (Ind.) Silver Creek has set a decision date of October 30th per his Instagram. His mother also confirmed the decision date with Jeff Rabjohns of Peegs.com.

So, we know the when of skilled forward's decision and we have known for a while that he is down to Indiana, Indiana State, North Carolina, Purdue and Virginia. Kaufman has taken official visits to both IU and Purdue and he recently took trips out to see UNC and UVA even though the current dead period for recruiting meant that Roy Williams, Tony Bennett and and their staffs were unable to meet with Kaufman while on campus.

For a while now, this one has looked like it will come down to the two Big Ten programs in his home state. The thought has long been that Kaufman would want to stay close to home and both programs -- Logan Duncomb for Indiana and Caleb Furst for Purdue -- have already landed commitments from big men that Kaufman would fit with and who would allow him to play more facing the basket like he would prefer on the college level.

So will it be the Hoosiers or Boilermakers? Judging by the Crystal Ball, that answer is unclear. Indiana has al of his votes, but only two individuals have dared to make a pick. Personally, I lean in the direction of Kaufman making his way to Bloomington as well, but at the end of the day this one is still a bit too close to call.

19 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

He usually doesn’t  at all if the player is headed elsewhere and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him be wrong... Not saying he hasn’t been wrong at some point but he’s been the most accurate poster I’ve seen in the 15 years I’ve followed IU message boards.

Chris has been spot on with almost all of his info. I was really just kinda jabbing Chris cuz he hasn't been around much and I miss his input.

How do you not love TJD?  He's the best.  I want my kids to be TJD when they grow up....

I wonder what a frontline of junior Jackson-Davis, Kaufman, and RS junior Hunter would do with a sophomore Lander running point. A healthy and experienced Thompson, Duncomb, and sophomore Geronimo coming off the bench. That would be plenty of talent, depth, and experience to compete at the levels we expect IU to compete at.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I wonder what a frontline of junior Jackson-Davis, Kaufman, and RS junior Hunter would do with a sophomore Lander running point. A healthy and experienced Thompson, Duncomb, and sophomore Geronimo coming off the bench. That would be plenty of talent, depth, and experience to compete at the levels we expect IU to compete at.

Sadly, the basketball gods hate us and would never allow that to happen. 

With a senior, 3+ year starting PG...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The latest from Eric Bossi -

So, with a decision now only a week away, it is no surprise that I received several Trey Kaufman related questions. As I’ve mentioned before, I do believe that Indiana is the safest bet when it comes to choosing a landing spot but the intel isn’t yet so great that I’d be willing to bet too much on it. As for Mason Miller, I’m sure Indiana would still be happy to take him if Kaufman committed, but I have a hard time seeing him end up in Bloomington if that does go down. If that’s the case, I’d think Creighton fans would be rooting for Archie Miller and the Hoosiers when it comes to Kaufman.

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The latest from Eric Bossi -

So, with a decision now only a week away, it is no surprise that I received several Trey Kaufman related questions. As I’ve mentioned before, I do believe that Indiana is the safest bet when it comes to choosing a landing spot but the intel isn’t yet so great that I’d be willing to bet too much on it. As for Mason Miller, I’m sure Indiana would still be happy to take him if Kaufman committed, but I have a hard time seeing him end up in Bloomington if that does go down. If that’s the case, I’d think Creighton fans would be rooting for Archie Miller and the Hoosiers when it comes to Kaufman.

Regarding Mason Miller, this is my opinion as well. I know most say they could coexist but I still have a hard time seeing two top 50ish players at the same position coming to the same team in this era. If they were both guards, not a big deal. But two 6'9 perimeter oriented forwards is a different story. 

Edit: But hey, I would gladly welcome both!