Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Not surprised he seems to have some interest in academics. 

____

I am a proud IU graduate, but I will point out that both University of North Carolina (#29) and University of Virginia (#28) are ranked higher academically than IU (#79) in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges. One can make a good argument that all three are excellent academic institutions and that Trey can't go wrong if he chooses any of the three in terms of academics. But I don't think you can make a credible argument that North Carolina is a poor choice academically.  There is opportunity to receive an excellent education for any student whether an athlete or not who has "interest in academics."

16 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Not surprised he seems to have some interest in academics. 

____

I am a proud IU graduate, but I will point out that both University of North Carolina (#29) and University of Virginia (#28) are ranked higher academically than IU (#79) in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges. One can make a good argument that all three are excellent academic institutions and that Trey can't go wrong if he chooses any of the three in terms of academics. But I don't think you can make a credible argument that North Carolina is a poor choice academically.  There is opportunity to receive an excellent education for any student whether an athlete or not who has "interest in academics."

He wasn't really saying UNC is a poor choice academically.  More poking fun at them having fake classes set up for their athletes.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Inside the Hall @insidethehall

2021 Silver Creek forward Trey Kaufman has announced his top five schools: Indiana, Virginia, Purdue, North Carolina and Indiana State.

He’s a star in the making. I could live with a Indiana State selection.  The other 3 would pain me terribly.  Although I kinda like Virginia.  

IU is the favorite. Indiana State seems like an unlikely choice. Otherwise, it should not be surprising if Trey decides to go to any of the other schools. Good arguments can be made for each one. Virginia has a great program though there have been rumors about Tony Bennett leaving. North Carolina has as storied a history as IU including more recent successes. However, Roy Williams is 70 years old and it is  unclear how much longer he stays (although Mike Krzyzewski is even older). Williams is probably hoping to win one more championship before he retires. Kids make decisions for all sorts of reasons and fans shouldn't be judgmental. There are plenty of reasons to go to IU but plenty of reasons to go out-of-state.