Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

1 minute ago, Mike Schumann said:

I just talked to Trey on Saturday and I can tell you that nothing that Evans is saying resonates with me.  He is a national guy, and I can tell you that no one from Indiana's Rivals site was there on Saturday or any other time all summer.

Dude needs some clicks is all

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/08/18/meet-high-school-renaissance-man-trey-kaufman/

good write up on Trey. Nothing new with regards to recruiting but a nice background piece. Kinda shows that he is a patient and diligent person all around so that fact that he hasn't committed anywhere isn't surprising after reading this. 

7 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Sounds like Trey and mom are preparing to leave for their UVa and UNC campus visits which is what Trey mentioned in the article above.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As always, thanks for the information you have.

I view this as a good thing.  The plan has always been to take the visits, and he wasn't going to deviate.  We know that he would have preferred to have open campuses/tours etc.  Looks like he is no longer going to wait to see if restrictions are lifted.  Perhaps he wants to check these boxes so he can take his visits and ideally be closer to making his decision.  I like this far better than waiting on the off chance he can go and get the 5* treatment later, while we wait.  

Props to Trey for being diligent here.  My Hoosier fan side thinks that the recent offers and recruiting activity are at least some incentive for him to claim his spot.  Here's hoping.  Add in the excellent weekend playing with Logan, his recent comments praising Lander.  Trey would be another excellent player.  We haven't had recruiting like this in so long.  Really impressive work by the staff.  I think Crean showed us that us being Indiana alone isn't draw enough.  

15 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

As always, thanks for the information you have.

I view this as a good thing.  The plan has always been to take the visits, and he wasn't going to deviate.  We know that he would have preferred to have open campuses/tours etc.  Looks like he is no longer going to wait to see if restrictions are lifted.  Perhaps he wants to check these boxes so he can take his visits and ideally be closer to making his decision.  I like this far better than waiting on the off chance he can go and get the 5* treatment later, while we wait.  

Props to Trey for being diligent here.  My Hoosier fan side thinks that the recent offers and recruiting activity are at least some incentive for him to claim his spot.  Here's hoping.  Add in the excellent weekend playing with Logan, his recent comments praising Lander.  Trey would be another excellent player.  We haven't had recruiting like this in so long.  Really impressive work by the staff.  I think Crean showed us that us being Indiana alone isn't draw enough.  

Especially the state of Indiana, we've been getting about everyone we want. Fall in line Trey, please!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It's not a good thing or a bad thing. It's a young man and his family doing the exact due diligence that they said they would do.

Well, if it helps a decision come sooner, then it is a good thing either way.  Better to know sooner rather than later if he is coming to IU or not.

I would say either one of UL, UK, or Xavier. Not that UK has recruited him hard or even offered, but he might include them for “added value” to his main groups (as much as that pains me to type). But, I know UL has come back from its earlier recruiting mistake and they could be his 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners