Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

On 5/22/2020 at 10:31 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Gonna fantasize harder

Phinisee, Lander, Hunter, Kaufman, TJD

Don’t tread on my dreams 

I'm with you,that first lineup is a bit smallish.

We will have Duncomb though.I would love to see us add another big to that class along with Kaufman.

Corey Evans -
Yes, Indiana is still the team to beat for Trey Kaufman, but that doesn’t mean that a commitment is right around the corner. While some of his peers in the 2021 Rivals150 have come to a quick college decision, Kaufman doesn’t seem to be in a rush.
Kaufman has only taken official visits thus far to Indiana and Purdue. While the ability to connect with various coaching staffs via Zoom calls and virtual visits has helped, those solutions don't replace in-person, on-campus visits.
Louisville, Virginia and Xavier have done their best to hold him off from committing, and Kentucky and North Carolina have also shown interest, but I expect Kaufman to ultimately choose the Hoosiers.

I hope Kaufman is aware of Steve Green.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope Kaufman is aware of Steve Green.

Yes, he is very aware of Steve Green. Steve spent time with the team last year during their State title run and has been back to SC for various alumni festivities.

The staff has been very consistent with Trey. They’ve done a good job showing him how minutes are available from Day 1. Also, Ostrom has built a really good relationship with Trey and the family. I would say more so than any of the other programs. I might have posted it here once (or maybe it was another IUBB site), but I witnessed firsthand the way Ostrom interacted with Trey’s mom and younger brother after a home game when other coaches were standing together by the locker room. The other college coaches were standing there quiet and not really engaging with the family and Ostrom almost looked like he was there with the family. That’s how they were interacting with each other. So a level of comfort has definitely been established.

Now, I want to be clear that I’m not saying he’s an IU lock. I’m not saying that at all. I’m just describing how well IU has done in the recruitment. That isn’t up for debate, regardless of which college he chooses.

Just for a FYI it looks like 247 crystal ball only recognizes people who work for 247 now. In the past it allowed independent websites to put in picks. Slater must of left 247 because his picks are gone

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I’m fully confident kid will expand his game.  Wish they would write an article about him expanding his candystripe collection. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m fully confident kid will expand his game.  Wish they would write an article about him expanding his candystripe collection. 

I think Kaufman is one of the kids that got really screwed with no AAU season this year. I think he's a top 50 player. Most sites have him around 65-75. I'd bet he makes the 2021 top 50 before this is all said and done. 

I think Kaufman is one of the kids that got really screwed with no AAU season this year. I think he's a top 50 player. Most sites have him around 65-75. I'd bet he makes the 2021 top 50 before this is all said and done. 

Agree but maybe better for us. If he is waiting on a UK type offer which still could come, but will be much less likely.

Agree but maybe better for us. If he is waiting on a UK type offer which still could come, but will be much less likely.

I don’t think any of us need to worry about UK with this recruitment.

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I agree, if he had the chance to shine this summer, i think he would've been top 30. that may be a benefit for us in the end, keeps other teams off him. I was looking at the box scores for some of his games this past high school season and he was a beast.

3 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

I agree, if he had the chance to shine this summer, i think he would've been top 30. that may be a benefit for us in the end, keeps other teams off him. I was looking at the box scores for some of his games this past high school season and he was a beast.

I think he is the favorite for Mr. Basketball. Furst is up there too.