Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So you think Purdue was watching Trey no Bueno 

I do cause I don’t think Jacobi is good enough, but then again don’t think he’s good enough for Xavier. Painter didn’t stick around long so who knows, but do think he is trying to sell Kaufman on playing alongside Furst 

I do cause I don’t think Jacobi is good enough, but then again don’t think he’s good enough for Xavier. Painter didn’t stick around long so who knows, but do think he is trying to sell Kaufman on playing alongside Furst 

Wish CAM had that vision as well. Those guys can 100% percent play together. Oh well, that was my dream for 21. Can still do some good stuff.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Silver Creek (25-2) with a 69-50 win over North Harrison.  Kaufman with 23 pts. and 12 reb.  Jacobi 17 pts. and 7 reb.   Face Madison (13-12) tonight for the sectional championship.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-dragons-clip-cougars/article_582e6844-6026-11ea-895a-2b11a45954c3.html

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not saying they get both. I think highly they don’t, but if Archie had the approach to take both would it have worked for us?

Pretty sure Furst was uninterested in IU or at least what I have heard from a few people. 

Not saying they get both. I think highly they don’t, but if Archie had the approach to take both would it have worked for us?

Archie did go after both. He tracked both throughout the summer and watched them during the high school year. Both made visits to campus.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie did go after both. He tracked both throughout the summer and watched them during the high school year. Both made visits to campus.

Understand that. But I was lead to believe he wasn’t recruiting them to bring both in. That they would play the same position and he wanted to try to get 1 of them.

Same as when you recruit 3 point guards but you’re only bringing 1 in.

Again, I don’t know Archie’s pitch, but i was lead to believe it was more of the latter nature.

Understand that. But I was lead to believe he wasn’t recruiting them to bring both in. That they would play the same position and he wanted to try to get 1 of them.

Same as when you recruit 3 point guards but you’re only bringing 1 in.

Again, I don’t know Archie’s pitch, but i was lead to believe it was more of the latter nature.

Furst’s camp was the one that said they played the same position. From the reporting I saw IU was trying to convince them they could play both at the same time. Furst at the 5 and Trey at the 4. Furst sees himself as a 4 and once that happens it doesn’t matter what pitch any coaching staff has. Furst commits to Purdue and in his commitment article he makes it a point that he is a stretch 4. Painter is going to keep recruiting Trey (as he should continue to recruit him) even though there is about 0 chance those 2 play on the same team

Silver Creek advances with a 70-53 win over Corydon Central.  Kaufman 17 pts.; Jacobi 19 pts.  

Should be a heckuva regional game next weekend with Silver Creek vs. Heritage Hills.

News and Tribune - 

Silver Creek coach Brandon Hoffman can finally get some sleep.

Hoffman said he had quite a few sleepless nights as he prepared his top-ranked, and defending state champion, Dragons for the Class 3A Corydon Central Sectional.

The Dragons decked Madison 70-53 in Saturday night's championship game for their sixth sectional title in seven years. 

“Now I can sleep for a night or two,” Hoffman said. “I will never, never, ever take winning sectionals for granted. There were times when we didn’t win them. . . The last seven years, we’ve had some really, really talented players. That’s what it is."

Silver Creek (25-2), winners of nine straight, will face second-ranked Heritage Hills (22-3) at 10 a.m. next Saturday in the first Washington Regional semifinal. The Patriots have won 17 straight since losing both their games — including an 82-78 overtime setback to the Dragons — in the Hall of Fame Classic on Dec. 28. 

“I can’t wait [to go to Washington], but the biggest thing is I get another week with these kids," Hoffman said. "You can tell, they’re great kids.” 

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rabjohns hinting news coming later in the week? Is it clickbait or Kaufman going to pop for us?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Basically teasing "really cool coverage" that they have coming this week. I like Peegs. They have some good stuff. If you don't mind paying $$ it's not bad. 

Basically teasing "really cool coverage" that they have coming this week. I like Peegs. They have some good stuff. If you don't mind paying $$ it's not bad. 

They will have really cool coverage of the B1G tournament and the IHSAA regional games. I doubt if it’s anything more than that.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rabjohns hinting news coming later in the week? Is it clickbait or Kaufman going to pop for us?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It is a hustle to get people to subscribe because they know most people are too lazy to unsubscribe.