Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Would love to have Kaufman as a replacement to TJD, but I don’t feel that he fills the big need. He’s only about 6’8 and at that point Brunk and Davis will be gone. Gonna need someone at least 6’10” in the B1G. Not sure who that guy will be yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would love to have Kaufman as a replacement to TJD, but I don’t feel that he fills the big need. He’s only about 6’8 and at that point Brunk and Davis will be gone. Gonna need someone at least 6’10” in the B1G. Not sure who that guy will be yet.

Isn't Logan Duncomb the big? Have seen he is 6'9 or 6'10.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I believe old friend said you wouldn't know this guy unless you saw him shoot in high school. He didn't play college ball. He said Jordan Hulls was close guess to this guy. Jordan's dad teaches shooting in Bloomington and coaches girls AAU

He DID play college ball.   But he's not someone most would think of.   Sort of "wow....I had no idea" kind of thing.  There is a reason I can't out the guy; and it's nothing more than simply protecting his name because I don't think HE wants it out there that he's offered his services.  All I can say is this dude can flat out shoot it, kids on the team would easily relate to him, he's a terrific coach, and many have already been benefactors of his training.  I swear to God I'm not trolling, nor am I trying to tease or garner attention.  I simply know a very qualified guy has offered to help; and it's possible he'll get the opportunity.  He's not a "no name," he's just not someone most would immediately think of.  

2 hours ago, Bobman1 said:

I agree. TJD & Thompson can play the 5 for a few mins here or there, but I (and I think Archie too) don't find that optimal. A slightly more athletic Brunk would be a great find on the transfer market. Big body, Team player that can defend the post, can score a little, etc for 14-16 mins a game. The B1G still requires a couple centers, IMO.  

Silver Creek (22-2) built a 20-point halftime lead and then cruised past visiting Seymour 69-53 in its regular-season finale Friday night.  Kaufman finished with 34 points, 10 rebounds and six assists.  Kooper Jacobi added 16 points.

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

When does he decide? Has he announced that yet?

I don’t think he has announced a date.  Maybe these ‘21 kids aren’t in to the drama of a big announcement?   I’m good with that!

I’ve been big on Kaufman since I knew we started recruiting him. I fear he may go somewhere else. Yesterday Lander was on radio show stating he was recruiting Furst. Nothing was mentioned about Kaufman. I may be over analyzing this. Does Furst going to Purdue help us here? I never really thought Kaufman would go there, more concerned with UL , MSU , and UK

Silver Creek (23-2) cruised to Friday night's sectional semifinal game with an 88-51 win over Charlestown (4-19).  Both Kaufman and Jacobi sat out the last 6 min. of the game.  I had Kaufman with 22 pts. on 7-13 FG; 1-3 on 3s; 7-9 FT; 9 reb; 2 ast; 2 TO; 1 stl; 3 blks.  I scored Jacobi with 17 pts and 8 reb.

Post-game recap only credited Kaufman with 20 pts. and Jacobi with 15.

During the pre-game chitchat the radio announcers said Kaufman was averaging 26.5 ppg and 9.5 rpg; Jacobi 17.3 and 7.5.

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Guess Purdue was watching his team tonight. 

Wonder if they were watching Jacobi though since Trey and Furst both want to play the 4 in college. 

Don’t think so, but Xavier was watching Jacobi as well, talking with the family afterwards