Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Silver Creek with a 65-52 road win over Bedford North Lawrence.  Junior forward Kooper Jacobi 16 points and six rebounds while classmate Trey Kaufman tallied 10 points and four rebounds for the Dragons.  Brayton Bailey scored a game-high 23 points — 19 in the second half — to pace Bedford (4-3). 

Free basketball in the Hall of Fame Classic as Silver Creek edged Heritage Hills 82-78 in OT and will face the winner of Lawrence Central/Lafayette Jefferson in tonight's championship.  Kaufman with 32 pts. and 10 reb.  I know my scorecard is not perfect as I was trying to multi-task during the game.  I had Trey with 11-19 FG; 3-9 on 3s; 7-9 FT.  During the course of the broadcast the announcers said he's shooting 42% on 3s and 78% FT this season.  Kooper Jacobi was in foul trouble most of the game and only finished with 6 points.   For Heritage Hills, Blake Sisley had 24 pts. on 10-19 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 2-3 FT; 10 reb.

These stats are from Trevor Andershock

Final/OT: Silver Creek 82, Heritage Hills 78.

Trey Kaufman 32pts, 12rebs 

Blake Sisley 24pts, 10rebs, 4asts

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added Andershock's Stats

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Free basketball in the Hall of Fame Classic as Silver Creek edged Heritage Hills 82-78 in OT and will face the winner of Lawrence Central/Lafayette Jefferson in tonight's championship.  Kaufman with 32 pts. and 10 reb.  I know my scorecard is not perfect as I was trying to multi-task during the game.  I had Trey with 11-19 FG; 3-9 on 3s; 7-9 FT.  During the course of the broadcast the announcers said he's shooting 42% on 3s and 78% FT this season.  Kooper Jacobi was in foul trouble most of the game and only finished with 6 points.   For Heritage Hills, Blake Sisley had 24 pts. on 10-19 FG; 2-4 on 3s; 2-3 FT; 10 reb.

These stats are from Trevor Andershock

Final/OT: Silver Creek 82, Heritage Hills 78.

Trey Kaufman 32pts, 12rebs 

Blake Sisley 24pts, 10rebs, 4asts

This was a fun game to watch and a good measuring stick for both teams this early in the season.  If both teams get out of their Sectionals (HH will have to get through Bosse; not sure who is in Silver Creek’s Sectional) this will be a great Regional matchup!  Anyone there spot any big time coaches watching?

Pole-axed is a very appropriate word.  Lawrence Central jumped on Silver Creek from the tipoff.  It was 39-14 at the half; 55-27 end of 3 and the final score a 63-31 rout.  Kaufman had 13 points, 11 rebounds, two blocks and a steal against Lawrence Central.  He was 5 for 13 from the field and 2 for 7 at the free-throw line.  Post-game quote from Trey:  "Looking at me personally, I’ve never shot worse at the FT line than today. Never shot worse than today,” 

If anyone was there in person I'd like a report on the crowd size because from the TV coverage, the crowd looked pitifully small.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, RatpigHoosier said:

Silver Creek is currently getting pole-axed by Lawrence Central.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

D'Andre Davis is a bad Mo Fo. Louisville got a good one.

That team looks like it could beat some collegiate teams.

Silver Creek continued its recent — and record — dominance of its annual holiday tournament Saturday night. 

Following up Friday night’s 59-point win over Charlestown, the Dragons pounded Providence 78-43 in the final of the 59th annual Silver Creek Holiday Tournament for their third straight title and fifth in six years. 

“We feel like we should win this, this is our tournament,” junior forward Trey Kaufman said. 

Kaufman earned tourney MVP honors for the second straight season after tallying 53 points in the two games. He and Kooper Jacobi scored 18 points apiece in the final.