Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Frustrating, but trying to be optimistic for the coming season.

AM needs to make some noise this year. First year gets a pass. Second year the injuries. Last year / this year rona...

I've never felt so indifferent about IUBB that I have the last couple years.

It's time he earns that top 20 pay. 

Trey Kaufman: "Based on the roster they're going to have when I'm there, that's a big key."  Kaufman apparently believes Purdue will be better than IU next year and/or that he fits in better with their roster.  Perhaps, he is correct, perhaps not. One has to think, however, that IU's performance on the court under Archie had an impact on Kaufman's decision . Archie's IU teams to-date have underachieved and his record at IU has been underwhelming--certainly less successful than fans expected when he was hired. Losing out on a player in recruitment by itself is not a big deal. But the reality is unless the team this season performs better than IU teams have the past three seasons, recruiting disappointments will continue.

Painter is the better coach and has landed the top two recruits in state with Furst and Kaufman. Wouldnt expect our 0-7 streak to end anytime soon.

Technically, we got the best recruit in the state for that class in Lander

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 hours ago, jk34 said:
He did get a commitment from the top 2021 in state target, and even convinced him to reclass!

Not to mention, one of the best players in the country!

Not to mention 3 straight Indiana Mr Basketball winners. Probably four if Lander doesn't reclass.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I guess we'll see

I’m a natural optimist, but I try not to project certainty. Didn’t see me saying Kaufman was destined to IU (but I hoped so).

However, here’s something I’m certain of; if TJD stays healthy, this IU team is gonna be GOOD.

I’m a natural optimist, but I try not to project certainty. Didn’t see me saying Kaufman was destined to IU (but I hoped so).
However, here’s something I’m certain of; if TJD stays healthy, this IU team is gonna be GOOD.

I’m not certain. What’s GOOD? If we finish 6th in the B1G as Archies good team, is that good?

I’m not trying to be rude. Michigan stacking recruits. Illinois rolling. MSU rolling. Purdue, now rolling. Other teams are jumping up. When if ever, will we be the MSU of the big ten.

Next year we won’t project top 25 if we lose who we expect. That’s got to be at least a little worrisome.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, cthomas said:

There's this girl and I really like her. I mean REALLY like her! I think we would be great together. But, no matter how hard I try, she's just not that into me. To make matters worse, she picks this guy that I can't stand. I hate everything about him. It stings, and I just don't understand why. After a while, I realize that there are other girls and forget why I was so obsessed her.

Well done sir!

5 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:
Not to mention 3 straight Indiana Mr Basketball winners. Probably four if Lander doesn't reclass. 
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Agree on the 3 clearly. Lander vs Kaufman would have been a toss up at best. Nonetheless, very very happy to have TJD, Leal, and Lander 

On 10/31/2020 at 1:50 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not certain. What’s GOOD? If we finish 6th in the B1G as Archies good team, is that good?

I’m not trying to be rude. Michigan stacking recruits. Illinois rolling. MSU rolling. Purdue, now rolling. Other teams are jumping up. When if ever, will we be the MSU of the big ten.

Next year we won’t project top 25 if we lose who we expect. That’s got to be at least a little worrisome.

Good is:

• in the conversation for conference title,
  • five or better NCAA seed, and
  • capable of beating any team in the country in the tourney.

That’s as long as TJD is healthy; we are deep and good, but only have one player who’s one of the top twenty players nationally.

I know that it’s been forgotten because of the whole COVID thing, and Purdue has been better than we have been the last 10 years or so. However, did we not have the better season last year? Purdue wasn’t even a tourney team and now we want to talk about how much better there roster is than ours. I know Archie has a lot to prove still, but I do really like the roster and kids that he has been recruiting. I think he will get the ship going in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Dillion said:

I know that it’s been forgotten because of the whole COVID thing, and Purdue has been better than we have been the last 10 years or so. However, did we not have the better season last year? Purdue wasn’t even a tourney team and now we want to talk about how much better there roster is than ours. I know Archie has a lot to prove still, but I do really like the roster and kids that he has been recruiting. I think he will get the ship going in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of teams had better seasons than Purdue last year, not to mention they still smoked us twice. And the year before last, they did something we haven't done in almost two decades while we were busy sucking our thumbs in the NIT. That stuff matters. 

I was big on Kaufman. He is really really good. Watching those videos of him taking TJD to the hole over the summer makes me sick now that we didn’t get him. This is a huge miss and it sucks! Purdue will have Ivy, Newman, Kaufman and Furst in their lineup. I hope Archie can improve the offense. Until we Prove otherwise, I think that really hinders our recruiting .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A lot of conjecture on here about Trey’s comments on position fit, nba readiness, and winning team being primary reasons for his decision, with it being interpreted as a negative reflection on the current state of IU/Archie’s program.

Wouldn’t over analyze the decision as a judgment on the state of IU v PU b-ball. Players often just give generic reasons regardless of why they really choose a school. Pure speculation, but the Shrewsberry family is incredibly influential around the Jeffersonville area, where they are originally from, before moving to the Indianapolis many years ago. Purdue’s associate head coach is Micah! Often, like with many things in life, relationships rule the day. IU had some connections, PU likely did too. This time the PU ones won out. Good luck to him - Kid’s gotta spend a few years in W. Lafayette - that’s punishment enough for choosing PU!