Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Maybe I’m just biased, but I truly don’t understand why someone would choose Purdue over IU if given the choice. There might be better options than IU, but Purdue isn’t one of them. 

Oh well, Keion Brooks didn’t choose us either and look how that went. 

The only minor issue I have is him attempting to cover up the leak. He called out people for ruining his commitment when he really had no one to blame but himself for committing in the manner he did. Doesn’t exude responsibility.

No matter. Best of luck to him. Onto Mason and Aminu.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe I’m just biased, but I truly don’t understand why someone would choose Purdue over IU if given the choice. There might be better options than IU, but Purdue isn’t one of them. 

Not to be that guy but this is why...

Since the 2016-2017 season...

Purdue 99-40 (54-22 in B1G) 2 Big Ten Championships, 1 Elite 8, 2 Sweet 16's, 7-0 vs. IU

Indiana 73-59 (33-43 in B1G) 2 NITs

I'm sorry, I'm a big IU fan and even I know Purdue right now is a better program than Indiana....I hope that changes this year.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It it was 1993, I might agree. It's 2020. We've missed the tournament more than we've made it in the last decade. Purdue was a crazy play away from a Final Four a couple years ago. We're pushing two decades since our last Final Four and haven't even made a regional final since then. They've also beaten us like 10 of the last 11 or something stupid like that. That stuff matters. 

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Anyway, Archie is making the job hard on himself. Many B1G programs are red hot. We can’t even break into top 4 in conference yet we fired Crean to be in the talk of national title contention.

We’ll see

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

They have to win this year. I'm tired of the BS excuses. There aren't any in 2020-2021. He has two top level recruits on this roster with a ton of experience. The one "Crean" player has played his entire career under him. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It it was 1993, I might agree. It's 2020. We've missed the tournament more than we've made it in the last decade. Purdue was a crazy play away from a Final Four a couple years ago. We're pushing two decades since our last Final Four and haven't even made a regional final since then. They've also beaten us like 10 of the last 11 or something stupid like that. That stuff matters. 

Despite that, we have more than twice as many guys in the NBA right now as Purdue, which Kaufman has said is one of his goals. West Lafayette is a dump and I can’t imagine why anyone would think “that’s where I want to spend my college years.” 

Despite that, we have more than twice as many guys in the NBA right now as Purdue, which Kaufman has said is one of his goals. West Lafayette is a dump and I can’t imagine why anyone would think “that’s where I want to spend my college years.” 

Yeah, all the NBA talk about Purdue from him is more coverup. IU offers the better opportunity in that department without a doubt. He either didn’t like Archie or some of the players. Imo, he was more comfortable with/at Purdue and the rest is just window dressing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

They have to win this year. I'm tired of the BS excuses. There aren't any in 2020-2021. He has two top level recruits on this roster with a ton of experience. The one "Crean" player has played his entire career under him. 

Yes please.  No more excuses!

We will live folks. How many major recruits have we missed in the last decade and those players didn’t go on to win a championship? Isn’t it championship or bust here? 

Trey Lyles

Garry Harris 

Glenn Robinson

Kyle Guy

kris wilkes

jarren jackson

we can’t and won’t get them all. plus it’s Purdue, he’s not going to win a championship lol