Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Just now, Stuhoo said:

But are you absolutely sure that what was leaked was an actual commitment?

It was apparently a snippet that was leaked. Are we sure that the snippet contained the declaration that he committed to Purdue?

I love the optimism and I hope I'm wrong two times in one day. I just don't like the way this was handled. I need lunch to get here so I can eat my strom, then start drinking

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I saw the Instagram post where Trey is mad that this leaked but, shouldn't he be mad at the Purdue people? Didn't they leak and spread the info last night? Didn't the coaching staff start telling Neuburt that he was going to Purdue last week? Also if you don't want a leak then don't tape your announcement the day before. For a recruitment to be so quiet, then get leaked the day before is crazy to me. If you would have asked me two weeks ago who had a shot, I think Purdue would have been 3 or 4. For some reason, this one bothers me more than some other recruiting misses. 

agree. IU people weren't involved in the leak or running with it.  I guess it's ok to be mad at the Purdue people (or his own friends or himself).  Ultimately its his responsibility.  

Just now, Treesh said:

When's the last time a Purdue player panned out in the league?

The only remaining player from the program is Etwaun Moore. He'll be out the league in 2 years. 

Carson Edwards is with Boston I believe. Caleb Swangian or whatever his name is, don't they call him the biggie sweaty or something like that is still in the league.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Those that heard it, didn't have any doubt.  

It was Jeffersonville student radio on a night that was not Trey Kaufman's announcement night, which mean it was about five total people, and a whole lotta Purdue fans who shared what think they heard what those five people heard. 

So, back to my question ... does ANYONE have a sense of how long the snippet was, and what they actually heard?!? Even a second -hand Twitter account description detailing what someone says they actually heard?

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I love the optimism and I hope I'm wrong two times in one day. I just don't like the way this was handled. I need lunch to get here so I can eat my strom, then start drinking

^^Cause it is Friday and Nick's and all^^

Just now, Chris007 said:

Carson Edwards is with Boston I believe. Caleb Swangian or whatever his name is, don't they call him the biggie sweaty or something like that is still in the league.

Oh yes. Edwards has played for the Celtics but that because the Celtics have one of the worst bench's in the league. Romeo has shown some promise and has a higher up-side than Carson for sure. Brad Stevens would agree with that I assume. 

I'm not saying my glass is half full, but this is bonkers. There's definitely a chance it's a misdirect considering he's been long thought to be an IU lock. Probably not if that recording holds true, but many recruits have used gimmicks to hold recruiting bases in suspense or grabbing one hat then grabbing another right before they commit. Either way, he's a great kid and I hope he ends up in Bloomington. Peegs did change his CB to PU thought...bummer.

It was Jeffersonville student radio on a night that was not Trey Kaufman's announcement night, which mean it was about five total people, and a whole lotta Purdue fans who shared what think they heard what those five people heard. 
So, back to my question ... does ANYONE have a sense of how long the snippet was, and what they actually heard?!? Even a second -hand Twitter account description detailing what someone says they actually heard?

All I have seen is the one Purdue twitter account that said he listened to it. Has been the only one I have seen who has said they heard it. The site where the person said he heard it is a live radio station only and there is no way that I seen that you can do anything other then listen to it live. So listening to a recording is not something that is possible though this source27ffd6343e73595db914aaf5a8222518.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, IU-DL said:

I'm not saying my glass is half full, but this is bonkers. There's definitely a chance it's a misdirect considering he's been long thought to be an IU lock. Probably not if that recording holds true, but many recruits have used gimmicks to hold recruiting bases in suspense or grabbing one hat then grabbing another right before they commit. Either way, he's a great kid and I hope he ends up in Bloomington. Peegs did change his CB to PU thought...bummer.

There wasn't a lot of hype for a borderline 5* in this recruitment for awhile then the night before there was a slip up that revealed where he was going?  It seems odd with all the talk from those around him saying the kid is a class act.  He's committing on Archie's birthday to an in-state rival after leaking it the night before after everything has been hush hush the entire recruitment.  The whole thing just feels off.  Regardless, we need a Kaufman type player.  If he decides to go play at pu we need to land Miller and Aminu, quick, fast, and in a hurry.  We also need to stop with the losing crap, on the court and in recruiting.

3 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Imagine if none of this had happened AND he picked Purdue tonight. We would have been confident right up until the axe fell. At least now, we won't be blindsided and maybe pleasantly surprised.

Haven't been on as much lately so I hope all the good people at BTown banners are doing well. My thoughts-it sucks to lose an in-state kid but I can't blame him. Purdue has been a much better program than IU in the last 5 or so years. That being said, this is a massive year for Archie. There are no excuses. He essentially has two burger boys (TJD and Lander would've been had he stayed in 2021). The majority of the team returns with some experience. The time is now. I'll worry about next year when it comes. I think with the rules college basketball will have almost a free agency next spring. IU can get someone then. 

All the ‘building hype’ stuff recruits do for their announcements kind of annoy me a bit. I get that they want their moment, but cmon, you’re not LeBron James. I always prefer the ones who randomly announce their commitment when people aren’t expecting it like TJD did. 

3 minutes ago, maharkn said:

All I have seen is the one Purdue twitter account that said he listened to it. Has been the only one I have seen who has said they heard it. The site where the person said he heard it is a live radio station only and there is no way that I seen that you can do anything other then listen to it live. So listening to a recording is not something that is possible though this source27ffd6343e73595db914aaf5a8222518.jpg

There are some long time trusted posters on Peegs who've said they have heard it too. But does seem odd. Also as I have said if you don't want it to get out, don't tape it 24 hours in advance. 

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Imagine if none of this had happened AND he picked Purdue tonight. We would have been confident right up until the axe fell. At least now, we won't be blindsided and maybe pleasantly surprised.

I like the way you think. I can whine and complain all day and by 6 not even remember he is committing. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

All the ‘building hype’ stuff recruits do for their announcements kind of annoy me a bit. I get that they want their moment, but cmon, you’re not LeBron James. I always prefer the ones who randomly announce their commitment when people aren’t expecting it like TJD did. 

Agree. Ever since Romeo I've stopped really getting into recruiting. Maybe it's because Archie was trying to build his team but he has "his guys" now. It's a roller coaster. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

There wasn't a lot of hype for a borderline 5* in this recruitment for awhile then the night before there was a slip up that revealed where he was going?  It seems odd with all the talk from those around him saying the kid is a class act.  He's committing on Archie's birthday to an in-state rival after leaking it the night before after everything has been hush hush the entire recruitment.  The whole thing just feels off.  Regardless, we need a Kaufman type player.  If he decides to go play at pu we need to land Miller and Aminu, quick, fast, and in a hurry.  We also need to stop with the losing crap, on the court and in recruiting.

Agree; pretty nuts. Personally, I just can't understand what's attractive about playing there. If you want to win a championship, it's not the place. If you want to play in the NBA, it's not the place. And speaking from experience, West Lafayette is about as boring of a campus as you can find. The reason kids go there is due to an IU-chip created by the PU coaching staff. They recruit using big brother as a lever.

There are some long time trusted posters on Peegs who've said they have heard it too. But does seem odd. Also as I have said if you don't want it to get out, don't tape it 24 hours in advance. 
For sure. In the comments of this tweet this person is saying he was joking. I just don't know how these people go to this site and find anything other then the live station. I'm not in the know just bored Walmart security with a lot of time on my hands