Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

13 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Trey made a post on his Instagram that said "It pains me to see that people will lie and use my name and likeness to try and devalue a project that has taken so many people so much time and effort to produce. The REAL #Committed video will be out at 6pm today, and while inconvenient for some, not a second sooner. 

Maybe it is PU maybe it isn't who knows at this point.  

Who the hell knows anymore lol. 6 can’t come soon enough 

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

One question - Who should I pay extra attention to on here when it comes to important news for recruiting? lol 

Nothing has changed ... we have some extraordinarily plugged in, rational, good people in the know; Chris, USPS, 34 in Southern In, Pap. That doesn't mean that they have seen the signed letter of intent,; it means they have integrity and connections worth hearing about.

BTW... NOT STROMBOLI (he cray-cray, maybe it's too many onions in his sauce)         ;)

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sometimes you gather all of the information and make an educated decision. But if the information you are collecting is false info then it's tough to tell the whole story. If Indiana has been out for the last year then that is some shady stuff there. But I will admit I missed this one big time.  But I will say the staff still thought they had him as of earlier this week. Move on to the next one. But I really don't like how Indiana was treated in this recruitment. Just morning ramblings.

Thanks for what you do man.  There is nobody 100% on guessing what kids will do, not even Archie.  We appreciate you.

Like I said earlier, good luck to the kid at Purdue. You always want to see in-state prospects do well at the next level and represent the great Hoosier state and our basketball heritage.

But there will be games when he gets schooled. And that needs to be by us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I almost feel like hiding this post.  Chris is so very appreciated because not only does he know what he's talking about, he's also a sane person and a helluva good guy.

Couldn't agree more. He never comes on here boasting about what he knows or has heard. Just shares it in a way, you can take it or you can leave it, up to you.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Who does Indiana Start at the 4 and 5 next season?

Race at the 4? Who starts at the 5?

Race at the 5, Hunter at the 4.

Hmmm

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I believe your thinking on the kid from Finland was spot on and I agreed at the time. Didn't make sense why we would reach out to this kid if we really thought we had Trey in the fold. Hopefully Logan can progress quickly and take some of those minutes at the 5.

I didn't mind that much when Swanigan picked the PUs -- I mean, his legal guardian was Roosevelt Barnes. That one was easy to figure out. But this one bugs me. I'd rather Kaufman go to U.Va. than the Toiletmakers. Man, I hate Purdue. 

Oh well -- on to the next one. 

3 minutes ago, hurryinghoosier5 said:

Glad we aren’t like other fan bases when we lose a recruit *cough cough Kentucky* and start a narrative about the kid or his family that is untrue just because he didn’t pick our school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

or hand out death threats

According to Trey Kaufman himself, the four factors in his decision are: 1) Relationship with the coaches & players; 2) Their ability to develop him into being an NBA player; 3) How much playing time he would get; 4) How much they are going to win. Trey gets the same amount of playing time at either school. But if he chooses Purdue, then Trey believes Purdue is better for one or more of the other reasons. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Sometimes you gather all of the information and make an educated decision. But if the information you are collecting is false info then it's tough to tell the whole story. If Indiana has been out for the last year then that is some shady stuff there. But I will admit I missed this one big time.  But I will say the staff still thought they had him as of earlier this week. Move on to the next one. But I really don't like how Indiana was treated in this recruitment. Just morning ramblings.

That's all we expect from you Chris and you've been pretty darn good at it. I agree, a lot about this recruitment doesn't make sense.

I saw the Instagram post where Trey is mad that this leaked but, shouldn't he be mad at the Purdue people? Didn't they leak and spread the info last night? Didn't the coaching staff start telling Neuburt that he was going to Purdue last week? Also if you don't want a leak then don't tape your announcement the day before. For a recruitment to be so quiet, then get leaked the day before is crazy to me. If you would have asked me two weeks ago who had a shot, I think Purdue would have been 3 or 4. For some reason, this one bothers me more than some other recruiting misses. 

5 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

According to Trey Kaufman himself, the four factors in his decision are: 1) Relationship with the coaches & players; 2) Their ability to develop him into being an NBA player; 3) How much playing time he would get; 4) How much they are going to win. Trey gets the same amount of playing time at either school. But if he chooses Purdue, then Trey believes Purdue is better for one or more of the other reasons. 

If the NBA thing is true then really Purdue is probably last out of the 4 schools. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I saw the Instagram post where Trey is mad that this leaked but, shouldn't he be mad at the Purdue people? Didn't they leak and spread the info last night? Didn't the coaching staff start telling Neuburt that he was going to Purdue last week? Also if you don't want a leak then don't tape your announcement the day before. For a recruitment to be so quiet, then get leaked the day before is crazy to me. If you would have asked me two weeks ago who had a shot, I think Purdue would have been 3 or 4. For some reason, this one bothers me more than some other recruiting misses. 

But are you absolutely sure that what was leaked was an actual commitment?

It was apparently a snippet that was leaked. Are we sure that the snippet contained the declaration that he committed to Purdue?

2021 recruiting results not looking so hot at the moment.  Trey and Aminu were the headliners.  Duncomb appears to be a very solid addition.  We have had a long, long list of misses.  The remaining targets outside of Aminu/Miller aren't highly regarded.  Lots of spots to play with and we need a big man pretty badly.  Let's see what the staff puts together.  

The Finnish kid is Fitzner 2.0