Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Sam Story now thinks it's Purdue and Chris thinks it has legs. 

This one is over. 

They never knew. Important to take every source with a grain of salt 

I hope he has a great career (other than against us). Several reasons he could choose Purdue. Maybe it is the best fit basketball-wise. Maybe he really clicked academically. But to say he’s self-centered for announcing on CAM’s birthday is is silly. It may seem self-centered to you, in your own frame of reference, trying to justify getting your hopes dashed. Maybe this date worked best for his family, for the high school, for a myriad of other reasons. And to assume he’s a Troy Williams mentality because he’s not coming here is is asinine. People who know this kid say nothing but great things about his character.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hate to speculate, but I’m going to. Imo, there must be something to the Lander/Kaufman thing. It justifies the timeline and explains about everything.

I just wish we would have got one of Kaufman/Furst.

Nice thing about this breaking early, I’m mostly over it now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Who does Indiana Start at the 4 and 5 next season?

Race at the 4? Who starts at the 5?

Race at the 5, Hunter at the 4.

Hmmm

That supports the narrative that Purdue showed him how he’d play the 3 for them. At IU looks like he’d be a 5. Or at least no room over Hunter or Race so minutes/fit issues might make sense. 
I’ll now Go back to lurking and dream of a surprise Eastern European signing!

Who does Indiana Start at the 4 and 5 next season?

Race at the 4? Who starts at the 5?

Race at the 5, Hunter at the 4.

Hmmm

If Brunk wants to be a career college student he could return. I could think of worse things to do with my time in 21-22.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

If Brunk wants to be a career college student he could return. I could think of worse things to do with my time in 21-22.

Plus Duncomb. I forgot about him. Too early for me to be posting.

25 minutes ago, Skrappy said:

That supports the narrative that Purdue showed him how he’d play the 3 for them. At IU looks like he’d be a 5. Or at least no room over Hunter or Race so minutes/fit issues might make sense. 
I’ll now Go back to lurking and dream of a surprise Eastern European signing!

Nah, keep posting! It's good to get new blood in here! Plus, you only need a few more posts to get rid of the Purdue Jockstrap as your title!

Plus Duncomb. I forgot about him. Too early for me to be posting.
Yeah if not Brunk or a grad transfer next year I'd say it'll be Race and Duncomb at the 5. I just personally have no idea what Duncomb will contribute that early.

Yep this was a quietly weird one til the end.  No doubt a miss.  Puts a lot of pressure on getting Aminu, but next year we will have to figure out something.  

Let's face it this came down to IU vs Purdue and the recent results on the court tell the tale. Archie needs to beat Purdue, period! Purdue's staff has had this in their back pocket since Archie has been here. A Southern Indiana kid going to Purdue, ridiculous! I guess we know how Purdue felt when Phinisee picked IU! I get madder the more I think about it! Become relevant IU and this nonsense won't happen again!

Sometimes you gather all of the information and make an educated decision. But if the information you are collecting is false info then it's tough to tell the whole story. If Indiana has been out for the last year then that is some shady stuff there. But I will admit I missed this one big time.  But I will say the staff still thought they had him as of earlier this week. Move on to the next one. But I really don't like how Indiana was treated in this recruitment. Just morning ramblings.

Doesn’t TK know Steve Green picked IU! Lol! Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Trey made a post on his Instagram that said "It pains me to see that people will lie and use my name and likeness to try and devalue a project that has taken so many people so much time and effort to produce. The REAL #Committed video will be out at 6pm today, and while inconvenient for some, not a second sooner. 

Maybe it is PU maybe it isn't who knows at this point.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Sometimes you gather all of the information and make an educated decision. But if the information you are collecting is false info then it's tough to tell the whole story. If Indiana has been out for the last year then that is some shady stuff there. But I will admit I missed this one big time.  But I will say the staff still thought they had him as of earlier this week. Move on to the next one. But I really don't like how Indiana was treated in this recruitment. Just morning ramblings.

Only thing that can make this better is Archie has to beat Purdue. Losing Trey sucks, but IU has the talent to beat them every time they step on the court even if he suits up for Purdue. JUST FREAKING DO IT.