Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

How does one go to West Lafayette and ever want to return? It’s such a gloomy, ugly place.

respect but cannot relate

Hate the city, but if Painter can develop you into an NBA big probably worth the smell ;). 

Losing Furst or Kaufman not a big deal.  Losing both to Purdue.  Unacceptable.  

Archie has to start winning games.  Period. He has one Crean player left.  NO MORE EXCUSES

Yeah, I’m taking this one harder than most. Kaufman is very, very good. I’ve been heaping his praise for a long time. Like TJD but he can shoot it. Furst is smart, well rounded, with ball handling skills and can shoot it.

Hunter, Ivey, Newman, Furst, Kaufman. That’s a phenomenal 5.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Losing Furst or Kaufman not a big deal.  Losing both to Purdue.  Unacceptable.  

Archie has to start winning games.  Period. He has one Crean player left.  NO MORE EXCUSES

Losing Kaufman hurts but I’ve never really seen the appeal with Furst. Maybe it’s because I haven’t seen him in person but the reels on YouTube just don’t impress me...

Losing Kaufman hurts but I’ve never really seen the appeal with Furst. Maybe it’s because I haven’t seen him in person but the reels on YouTube just don’t impress me...

Really talented. Can do just about everything. Didn’t have the size to match Duncomb and Duncomb out sized him but Furst is the perfect 4 man.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Great kid, excellent player. Will thrive wherever he goes.

Hope it’s IU, but not feeling likely.

If so, Mason Miller, come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Definitely a great kid and better player that would of made IU better if this truly does go the way its trending 

this recruitment was definitely not like the majority of recruitments for top players.  The recruitments that none of the people in the business have a good handle on are my favorite ones to follow.   No one but his close circle knew where he was going until the end of it.   People who followed this recruitment was reminded regularly that Purdue mattered in this recruitment even when some national scouts questioned if Purdue was a player once Furst committed.   Something that was reported over a year ago looks to be proved to be true.  While they downplayed it recently last year it was reported that Kaufman and Lander (when people are trashing our recruiting Reminder Lander was originally in this class)wouldn’t play together or they have had every opportunity to do so and haven’t done it yet.  Unfortunately when yo follow recruiting this is going to happen. Sometimes you miss your targets and you move on.   Looks like on his birthday Archie has to move on.  Luckily they spent a ton of time building a relationship with Miller.   Maybe now that Kaufman seems to be out they will get mentioned in a new article with the kid that they kicked the tires with (Marquette offered today).   I love following recruiting and unlike most I won’t be effected by his decision.  Sure I wanted him a Hoosier but he found a better fit for him elsewhere and I will watch him throughout his college career

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Definitely a great kid and better player that would of made IU better if this truly does go the way its trending 

this recruitment was definitely not like the majority of recruitments for top players.  The recruitments that none of the people in the business have a good handle on are my favorite ones to follow.   No one but his close circle knew where he was going until the end of it.   People who followed this recruitment was reminded regularly that Purdue mattered in this recruitment even when some national scouts questioned if Purdue was a player once Furst committed.   Something that was reported over a year ago looks to be proved to be true.  While they downplayed it recently last year it was reported that Kaufman and Lander (when people are trashing our recruiting Reminder Lander was originally in this class)wouldn’t play together or they have had every opportunity to do so and haven’t done it yet.  Unfortunately when yo follow recruiting this is going to happen. Sometimes you miss your targets and you move on.   Looks like on his birthday Archie has to move on.  Luckily they spent a ton of time building a relationship with Miller.   Maybe now that Kaufman seems to be out they will get mentioned in a new article with the kid that they kicked the tires with (Marquette offered today).   I love following recruiting and unlike most I won’t be effected by his decision.  Sure I wanted him a Hoosier but he found a better fit for him elsewhere and I will watch him throughout his college career

If y’all listen to USPS you’ll enjoy the ride all that much more.

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I keep hearing what a great kids Kaufman is, but for him to commit to PU (IU's biggest rival) on Archie's birthday of all days (even if accidental) tells me he is a bit self centered and only cares about himself. Not that atypical of kids these days but he is certainly one of many kids personality and attitude wise and not anything special from a class standpoint.  

If he didn't want to come to IU because he didn't want to play with lander then it doesn't sound like an attitude we want on this team

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

This next year will tell us if Archie is John Groce or something better. To early to tell but this is a big year and he cant have recruiting dry up. If we turn Kaufman into someone else good no problem but time to put up or shut up.

3 minutes ago, maharkn said:

If he didn't want to come to IU because he didn't want to play with lander then it doesn't sound like an attitude we want on this team

Also committing on Archie's birthday to a rival school as I stated above would seem to support he is not the greatest kid but who knows. I know nothing about him.

Ok, here's a Hail Mary: 

As far as we know, the only people who heard this just happened to all be Purdue fans. Coincidence? 
And to hear it you had to be listening to the Jeffersonville high school radio station right when it played

Also committing on Archie's birthday to a rival school would seem to support he is not the greatest kid but who knows. I know nothing about him.
I don't either but if he wants to play the 3 seems like a Justin Smith type mindset

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Ok, here's a Hail Mary: 

As far as we know, the only people who heard this just happened to all be Purdue fans. Coincidence? 

That’s why I thought it was fishy. But if this is a misinformation campaign then they should be on the CIA payroll