Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Brian from GBI apparently is stating he never liked IU as much as people thought. Such a weird statement to say if you’re going to have egg on your face later. Idk statements like that just seem weird if nobody knows. Hope he chooses IU, if not, not the end of the world. 

Another huge aspect in this recruitment is honestly the underclass men at IU. Those versus Purdue’s counterparts will be his best friends for the next few years and it seems like he gets along with TJD and Co. very well. I think it’s Indiana and would be pretty surprised if it’s PU given the recent in-state commitment trend toward Bloomington.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No way this is true.  As tightly as the family has kept his recruitment, they wouldn't risk this happening at the 11th hour.  I highly doubt there's been any taped announcement and it will be a live broadcast tomorrow evening.

This

Just now, TheWatShot said:

This doesn't pass the smell test. First, why is he doing a radio interview the night before his announcement? Second, why would he tell anyone there his decision, even if he thought it was off the air? 

The second part of your post makes sense....we’ll probably know whether this is true or a troll job within the hour.

Yeah if that happened it’s not difficult to prove. Nobody has been able to do so yet. This is just the dumb/fun stuff that happens at the end of a high profile recruitment. 

Not saying we get him. The insiders on the IU side think we’re getting him, the insiders on the Purdue side think they’re getting him.  

For me, I’ve got to believe the opportunity to play with his friends at IU will win out. 

FWIW, one thing is for certain.

This recruitment lacked spice despite a tremendous borderline 5 star player.

It no longer lacks spice.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

So true. This could be Eric Gordon level **** or it could really suck for IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app