Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

1 hour ago, HoosierRobbie said:

I don’t know how serious anyone really takes nick baumgarts intel, but apparently he think Kaufman is going to Purdue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

https://baumhoops.com/college-resources/2021-hot-board/

Not saying he's right or wrong about Kaufman, but 'dem are some Captain damn Obvious takes on some of them. 

1. He's not "predicting" or "saying"...it's labeled "Nick's Guess" lol
  2. Mason Miller, FINALISTS: Creighton, Indiana  NICK’S GUESS: Indiana or Creighton. Now that's going out on a limb!

11 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

I’ve been told he hasn’t told the staffs yet, as of last night. And that he’s already made his decision which is why his stories have said “#Committed” all week.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know anything about Kaufman other than what I have read on this forum. However, to put "committed" on the message seems a little like messing with the teams who are recruiting him if he has not informed them. I just think that process should work the other way around. 

I don't know anything about Kaufman other than what I have read on this forum. However, to put "committed" on the message seems a little like messing with the teams who are recruiting him if he has not informed them. I just think that process should work the other way around. 

Yeah, I get it. I can’t really speak for TK on this, but think that was just his way of letting everyone know he’s made the decision. I sometimes wish his top 2 were like UofL and UNC so that way I don’t have to stress about his decision. Or, better yet IU and ANY OTHER school except Purdue and UK as his other choice. Because at least if he doesn’t pick IU, he can pick another school that I don’t hate the way I do. Lol. So, if he does pick Purdue, that will suck watching him play for them. I’d prefer a kid I coached to play for IU, obviously.

Yeah, I get it. I can’t really speak for TK on this, but think that was just his way of letting everyone know he’s made the decision. I sometimes wish his top 2 were like UofL and UNC so that way I don’t have to stress about his decision. Or, better yet IU and ANY OTHER school except Purdue and UK as his other choice. Because at least if he doesn’t pick IU, he can pick another school that I don’t hate the way I do. Lol. So, if he does pick Purdue, that will suck watching him play for them. I’d prefer a kid I coached to play for IU, obviously.

Having said all that, I do hope IU fans keep it classy if he did pick Purdue. I know IU fans don’t want to hear that, but he really is one of the best kids and people I’ve ever known. He’s a fantastic person.

2 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Having said all that, I do hope IU fans keep it classy if he did pick Purdue. I know IU fans don’t want to hear that, but he really is one of the best kids and people I’ve ever known. He’s a fantastic person.

I didn't mean to question his character and maybe that's the way kids roll these days. It's a different world than the one I grew up in. I'm sure he's a great kid and is not meaning to be disrespectful. I'll wish him well, as I do with all kids, no matter who he chooses.

I didn't mean to question his character and maybe that's the way kids roll these days. It's a different world than the one I grew up in. I'm sure he's a great kid and is not meaning to be disrespectful. I'll wish him well, as I do with all kids, no matter who he chooses.

Oh no, I wasn’t implying that you were. I was speaking more in general, I hope IU fans keep it classy. No worries, I didn’t take it that way at all.

I remember those guys!!!! yeah, they showed their true colors with the Billy D facade

Looking back now, that whole “Donovan to IU” time was awesome. I remember we had dudes checking in from every airport in southern Indiana, tracking flights, checking limo rentals,and I believe we even had Treesh hiding in the bushes outside AH, hoping for a photo. What a roller coaster that was. Good times.

Looking back now, that whole “Donovan to IU” time was awesome. I remember we had dudes checking in from every airport in southern Indiana, tracking flights, checking limo rentals,and I believe we even had Treesh hiding in the bushes outside AH, hoping for a photo. What a roller coaster that was. Good times.

That was awesome. And that one Peegs poster kept saying it was a done deal and he saw Billy and wife checking out horse farms. Lol

14 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

It was awesome until we got the Friday evening news dump that Crean was staying. 

That was awesome. And that one Peegs poster kept saying it was a done deal and he saw Billy and wife checking out horse farms. Lol

Man I was convinced. If I remember correctly even Chris got in on the action by saying several Escalades arrived with guys in suits or something like that. Or do I misremember?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Man I was convinced. If I remember correctly even Chris got in on the action by saying several Escalades arrived with guys in suits or something like that. Or do I misremember?

I don’t remember that specifically, but doesn’t mean it wasn’t posted. Those were fun times. People would even say they saw Billy D when he would physically be in OKC for an event or whatever. Crazy.

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think you misremember think Chris burst onto the scene after the hire.  Thought his first bit of news was about clif marshall

I think you misremember think Chris burst onto the scene after the hire.  Thought his first bit of news was about clif marshall

Maybe. I thought it was indirectly related to Ed Schilling. But that was only, my probably, incorrect intuition.

Speaking of which, odd to think Schilling and Flint have both been lost/replaced so quickly.

Here’s to hoping Roberts/Hunter is the magic sauce.

Re: Kaufman.

I’m still confident. I suppose Miller is our “backup” option, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of outward noise in that recruitment.

We lose TJD/Brunk. We get Duncomb. We need a front court guy pretty badly.

It makes too much sense to be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agree with statement above, we need Kaufman.  If we wiff and miss, we need to look at a graduate transfer for next year. 

Al and Brunk can return next year with the extra year of eligibility, however, I am not sure going in with Brunk and Duncomb are ideal.  Add Race to those three and it might not be as bad.  

6 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Baumgart seems all in on Kaufman heading to Purdue, not sure where he is getting his info but he’s already looking ahead to IUs roster next year without trey. IMG_0984.jpg

to me if you have Wesley ahead of Kaufman for best 2021 in state player as he stated prior to this post on twitter you lose a lot of credibility.  Wesley is not better than Kaufman.

Baumgart seems all in on Kaufman heading to Purdue, not sure where he is getting his info but he’s already looking ahead to IUs roster next year without trey. IMG_0984.thumb.jpg.417c146ba5e7e63eca2fddd8a0924019.jpg

He’s got a 50/50 shot of being right. But he was singing the same tune right after Duncomb committed, so he’s thought IU was out for Trey since then. I disagreed with the logic at the time (and still do), but he was also listening to Trey’s former trainer who kept telling him he (the trainer) didn’t think Logan was good enough for IU and he seemed to be trying to steer Trey away from IU. Funny how Trey isn’t working with him anymore.