Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2021) PF Trey Kaufman to Purdue

Alright, let me address the VERY likely origin of the "Kaufman to Purdue" semi-buzz:

1. Coach Painter regularly speaks with Purdue Rivals Premium board reporter Brian Neubert.
  2. Neubert apparently asked Painter about Kaufman. Painter is a pro and has integrity. He would NEVER take away a recruit's thunder by tipping the decision to a Rivals reporter. His answer to Neubert was likely along the lines of "we feel good." That is coach-speak designed to not tip the decision.
  3. Neubert has, in the past, 'over-extended' on news he received in an attempt to provide 'premium board value' to his subscribers.
  4. Neubert runs with his take; PU is looking good on signing Kaufman.
  5. PU message board ninnies run with the optimism.
  6. Milehi at HSN gets a private message from a poster who has read or gotten second-hand wind of the Neubert trail. Milehi then claims to have inside info that "winds are blowing to W. Layfayette on Kaufman." Lol

I will not 'done deal' any recruit until the Letter of Intent is signed, but I've got a pretty darn good idea that points one through six above are spot on, and that those that are spun up (and impressively, on this board there are almost none) should chilllllllllll-out.

2 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

That Sam Story, what a homer! Lol, jk. He’s my guy. I think IU has a legit chance with this one. I’m hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm still with Indiana. I'm in the 95% range. I have not heard anything, the same or different since last week. If anything I think the IU football win helped. That is the atmosphere he wants to be around I'm sure. Remember he doesn't want to be an engineer, he wants to study Physics. He has no problems doing that here at IU. Tell the guys at HSN to settle down, relax and get ready for another great Hoosiers weekend. Cheers!!

^^Southern Indiana posters who have basketball ties^^

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Alright, let me address the VERY likely origin of the "Kaufman to Purdue" buzz:

1. Coach Painter regularly speaks with Purdue Rivals Premium board reporter Brian Neubert.
  2. Neubert apparently asked Painter about Kaufman. Painter is a pro and has integrity. He would NEVER take away a recruit's thunder by tipping the decision to a Rivals reporter. His answer to Neubert was likely along the lines of "we feel good." Well, what the heck else is Painter supposed to say to not tip the decision?
  3. Neubert has, in the past, 'over-extended' on news he received in an attempt to provide 'premium board value' to his subscribers.
  4. Neubert runs with his take; PU is looking good on signing Kaufman.
  5. PU message board ninnies run with the optimism.
  6. Milehi at HSN gets a private message from a poster who has read or gotten second-hand wind of the Neubert trail. Milehi then claims to have inside info that "winds are blowing to W. Layfayette on Kaufman." Lol

I will not 'done deal' any recruit until the Letter of Intent is signed, but I've got a pretty darn good idea that points one through six are spot on, and that those that are spun up (and impressively, on this board there are almost none) should chilllllllllll-out.

Well, to your point #3.  Neubert certainly had them believing that Harrison Ingram was all but signed, sealed and delivered. Gotta be quite the tightrope walk between providing clickable content and striving for, ya know, accuracy.

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Well, to your point #3.  Neubert certainly had them believing that Harrison Ingram was all but signed, sealed and delivered. Gotta be quite the tightrope walk between providing clickable content and striving for, ya know, accuracy.

Rabby, who truly is excellent {if you're reading this :)} overextended years back by fronting good news on Yogi to IU, and stealing a bit of the thunder from Yogi's announcement. The difference is that Jeff Rabjohns paid attention, adjusted, and now without exception does an excellent job, and does it without pissing off or biting the hands that feed him. Apparently, that is not the case with others.

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alec Lasley - 

Top #iubb target Trey Kaufman will make his college announcement at 6 pm on Friday on radio station 98.5 WJHI, he announced.

Not going to get my hopes up, being the dumpster fire that is 2020 and all, but a previous post said he'd commit on Miller's birthday which is Friday (Oct. 30).