Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2019) PG Austin Van Zyl

5 hours ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Any decent player is focused on getting to the NBA. He doesn't look like he's going to be a 1 and done, but if he's good enough to be that, then yes we absolutely want him. A playmaking point guard is probably the most valuable position in college basketball. Rob could handle being the 1A/1B if it came to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! WE NEED GUARDS!

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm struggling with why we're potentially interested.  Is he really an asset to the team or just taking up a scholly?  I really hate, hate, hate that I'm saying this, but this seems like a Crean move to me.

It does seem like a Crean move but that is where we are at currently especially at guard.

I'm torn. We badly need another ball handler off the bench. But between his little YouTube highlight reel of him training, his other video he posted comparing himself to Steve Nash, and his extremely terrible numbers in France I'm just not sold he's a good fit. 

It does seem like a Crean move but that is where we are at currently especially at guard.

People on this board are upset that Miller didn't offer Moretti a couple years ago. Nobody knows anything about this guy, so saying this feels like a Crean move is a complete guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a good build and good form on his shot. I would guess he would have been a 4 star recruit if he had been in the US the last two years. His shooting struggles are probably from his wrist injury he suffered and it’s not because of bad form so I would say the shooting would greatly improve.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would love to have him, but Snow had a writeup today that said it’s a long shot for him to play in college. Sounds like going pro in some capacity is the likely option.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah,  I haven’t really seen a lot of what I consider IU specific vitriol from Snow. At least on Twitter, he’s pretty much an equal opportunity ******. But make no mistake, he is, in fact, a ******. Very different from Bossi, who i’ve sat at a couple of games with through the years and has always been great.

Out of curiosity what exactly screams contributor to people here?
No other schools with interest
Lack of an updated 247 page
Lackluster numbers 

I’m wondering the same thing. I wonder why there’s little information on him. However he’s a 6’5” PG with that looks like a good handle, good vision, and nice shooting form. He could be a good backup PG option at the least

20 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I’m wondering the same thing. I wonder why there’s little information on him. However he’s a 6’5” PG with that looks like a good handle, good vision, and nice shooting form. He could be a good backup PG option at the least

He just seems and looks SO much like Davide Moretti.

Can make for some understandable wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, ap2345 said:

He has a good build and good form on his shot. I would guess he would have been a 4 star recruit if he had been in the US the last two years. His shooting struggles are probably from his wrist injury he suffered and it’s not because of bad form so I would say the shooting would greatly improve.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He didn't even hit 30% the prior year without the injury.  Not good from the foul line either.  He was, obviously, worse with the injury but his shooting stunk before that.