Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball: Big Ten Tourney

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Tough time for that to happen. After this game, there is no room for mistakes like that. Wasn't impressed with guys behind him so hope he can get things right!

Yes Crail behind him is no better if not worse. That's the problem.

Its now or never. Bases loaded no outs after Thoresen self destructs ala McCade Brown with back to back 4 pitch walks and a single by Barr. Thoresen out after the implosion.  Minny has 3 good guys in pen and not sure how many were used yesterday after Nebraska chased Fredrickson early.  

Richardson has been benched much like Bradley the other day for that ridiculous error dropped catch. Love that coach is doing this and if you notice the sloppy defense has gotten much better as year goes on. Wish more coaches showed this tough love. One of the many reasons I think Mercer is going to do really well here.

Inning ends but we got 3 for the lead and chased Thoresen after that Minny complete implosion.   

Ashley makes an error at 2nd for one out single. I am also at work but a light day so I can post. Did not expect that last night when I said I was busy today.

Tanner Gordon hurt. I don't think that matters today as he was nearing his end but would be a huge problem in Regional. Looks like he pulled something and was walking so not sure how serious. Same thing chased Thoresen earlier but he was imploding as well. Strange game.

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Richardson has been benched much like Bradley the other day for that ridiculous error dropped catch. Love that coach is doing this and if you notice the sloppy defense has gotten much better as year goes on. Wish more coaches showed this tough love. One of the many reasons I think Mercer is going to do really well here.

Inning ends but we got 3 for the lead and chased Thoresen after that Minny complete implosion.   

Holding guys accountable. Love it.

What it does hurt is IU is trying to get long relief out of Bierman now to finish so if we make it to Saturday not sure who we throw second game if we make it that far but have to play in here and now and when you need long relief after a short outing Bierman definitely your man.  

And Walker can't make a play at short on admittedly a tough play and Minny has lead back at 4-3. Then a double makes it 5-3. Minny's approach of slap doubles works so perfect in this park. Our power approach does not. Neither team stellar in field today.

Halfway home. Not sure there won't be a lot more runs given both teams on bullpen and Minny's is taxed after last night. Its up to us to shoot for slap hits for the gaps like Minny is doing given how this park plays.

More tremendously bad fielding by Minnesota this time as they boot a ball off their leg. They got one last inning and Iu gets it back and its 6-4.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

This is definitely a disappointing showing by the guys. Probably there worst two games in a month. 

Defensive wise for sure. Looks like a team who knew it was playing for nothing seeding wise. Also worst ballpark possible for our style.