Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Rutgers Baseball: BIG TEN CHAMPIONS

Just now, Fkfootball1 said:

Doesn’t matter. I came around on him. I never liked Lemonis though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It does matter. Its annoying to the rest of us. Lemo was a solid coach and a great person. It'd be silly to think otherwise. 

Mercer walked into a nice roster but IU was only projected 4th pre season. To win the big 10 in his first year is impressive. To me, he’s got to be Big 10 COY no matter what they do in BTT. They better give their strength / conditioning guy a raise. The strength and power this team has is something. Mercer has a very nice looking group of recruits coming next year. They will lose a bunch of talent but should reload quick. The development of these players has been something to watch this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is 3 in the last 7 years, isn't it?

Out of curiosity, I took a glance at how our former coaches are doing. I know Tracy Smith was under a lot of pressure at Arizona State, and many were shocked he wasn't fired after last season. He must have figured something out, as they're currently 36-14. Chris Lemonis has Mississippi State at 45-11.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

This is 3 in the last 7 years, isn't it?

Out of curiosity, I took a glance at how our former coaches are doing. I know Tracy Smith was under a lot of pressure at Arizona State, and many were shocked he wasn't fired after last season. He must have figured something out, as they're currently 36-14. Chris Lemonis has Mississippi State at 45-11.

Smith I think finally broke thru. Lemonis might be riding the player development of his predecessor 

Mercer walked into a nice roster but IU was only projected 4th pre season. To win the big 10 in his first year is impressive. To me, he’s got to be Big 10 COY no matter what they do in BTT. They better give their strength / conditioning guy a raise. The strength and power this team has is something. Mercer has a very nice looking group of recruits coming next year. They will lose a bunch of talent but should reload quick. The development of these players has been something to watch this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t follow baseball as much but didn’t he win with kids recruited to play a different style? If so, it is really impressive to win early even though you had to adapt your style to match your roster. Hopefully he can maintain this level of play and success

On 5/18/2019 at 8:09 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Smith I think finally broke thru. Lemonis might be riding the player development of his predecessor 

ASU has been struggling as of late. They have lost or tied 5 of the last 6 series. They should get in though but would help their odds with a win in Pac-12 tourney (they played a very weak out of conference slate).

Miss St. is a title contender. Lemo walked into an amazing situation. Definitely a top 8 seed that will host all the way through and could get to Omaha. 

On 5/18/2019 at 8:13 PM, 8bucks said:

I don’t follow baseball as much but didn’t he win with kids recruited to play a different style? If so, it is really impressive to win early even though you had to adapt your style to match your roster. Hopefully he can maintain this level of play and success

He did a great job with what he had. Lemo left us with some good pieces and it just worked out that guys like Milto, Fineman and Lloyd didn't get drafted or were drafted very late so came back. Guys like Gordon, Bierman and Richardson all have been impact pieces coming in. He tweaked the lineup throughout the year and finally found a pretty good one although I don't think its his style but more of a power hitting style with lots of #'s and k's. He shored up the defense big time as the year went on. Couldn't be happier. We have a very bright future with this guy. 

11 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

ASU has been struggling as of late. They have lost or tied 5 of the last 6 series. They should get in though but would help their odds with a win in Pac-12 tourney (they played a very weak out of conference slate).

Miss St. is a title contender. Lemo walked into an amazing situation. Definitely a top 8 seed that will host all the way through and could get to Omaha. 

By broke thru I think he stopped the collapsing tailspin and is building something. 

They are a title contender for sure but let’s see

@Matt_Cohen_: IU finished first in the Big Ten this year in...

- Home runs (90)
- Runs (389)
- Runs per game (7.1)
- Slugging (0.464)
- K/BB ratio (2.97)
- WHIP (1.22)

Matt Lloyd and Cole Barr finish tied atop the Big Ten with 16 home runs each. 

Lloyd led the B1G with 54 RBIs