Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

Interesting : Big Ten Coaches Rank Big Ten Jobs

5 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Recruiting base, we are behind Chicago, New York, and Washington DC.  Not sure that's an accurate assessment other than "available talent."  Lots of playground ballplayers there...

Media exposure is something many overlook.  Indiana was on national TV 9 times last season.  Purdue 4.  IU still moves the needle because of the program...not the current team.  

Anyone who believes Indiana is an irrelevant program should talk to people who really know.  I LOVE this.  It should be shown to every recruit and every idiot pundit who thinks Indiana is irrelevant.

IUBB.jpg

This, I love.

10 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Recruiting base, we are behind Chicago, New York, and Washington DC.  Not sure that's an accurate assessment other than "available talent."  Lots of playground ballplayers there...

Media exposure is something many overlook.  Indiana was on national TV 9 times last season.  Purdue 4.  IU still moves the needle because of the program...not the current team.  

Anyone who believes Indiana is an irrelevant program should talk to people who really know.  I LOVE this.  It should be shown to every recruit and every idiot pundit who thinks Indiana is irrelevant.

IUBB.jpg

I think the top 4 is very accurate. IU, Sparty, OSU, and Michigan are four of the ten biggest brands in college basketball. (Duke, UNC, Louisville, Kansas, UCLA, Kentucky round out the others in no order) IU can and will be relevant again. Have to find the right guy to lead the program. Hope Archie is the answer. 

Wasn't this put out at the beginning of last season? I remember seeing either this or something similar and asking if any B1G coaches had seen the new locker rooms. With the way the arms race is for facilities now, this survey needs to be re-done every season.

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Wasn't this put out at the beginning of last season? I remember seeing either this or something similar and asking if any B1G coaches had seen the new locker rooms. With the way the arms race is for facilities now, this survey needs to be re-done every season.

Yes. Goodman is starting to make the rounds again. I think he started with the Mountain West, so should see an updated Big Ten in the next few weeks. It’ll be interesting to compare.

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

IUBB.jpg

PU has best game atmosphere??? Ease of admissions = #2...not certain that’s a badge of honor

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

6th in facilities is inexcusable but great to see we are #1 overall 

We would have to get rid of Assembly Hall to move up, and that's not going to happen.   It's very excusable if you look at it that way.  Assembly Hall gets replaced with the Kohl Center, we're probably #1, but I don't want that and I don't believe you do, either.

It's not as simple in this case as saying "we're #6 in facilities."  True, our home arena is outdated in some ways, but it's iconic in others and when full and loud, the best home court advantage in the country.  Kansas and Duke also have bad facilities by this measure and North Carolina does not.  Why?  New arena.  But UNC  does not have the home court advantage it once did.

19 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

We would have to get rid of Assembly Hall to move up, and that's not going to happen.   It's very excusable if you look at it that way.  Assembly Hall gets replaced with the Kohl Center, we're probably #1, but I don't want that and I don't believe you do, either.

It's not as simple in this case as saying "we're #6 in facilities."  True, our home arena is outdated in some ways, but it's iconic in others and when full and loud, the best home court advantage in the country.  Kansas and Duke also have bad facilities by this measure and North Carolina does not.  Why?  New arena.  But UNC  does not have the home court advantage it once did.

I’m pretty sure we would move up if we had player dorms like Kentucky. 

13 hours ago, Old Friend said:

IUBB.jpg

I wonder how far IU would fall if we ranked administration as well. My guess is our administration (AD, President, etc) would be between 9 and 14.

20 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I wonder how far IU would fall if we ranked administration as well. My guess is our administration (AD, President, etc) would be between 9 and 14.

You're being kind. There are MAC schools that treat their basketball programs better than we do.

24 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

You're an optimist I see.

32 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Zero excuse not to be #1 in both facilities and budget/resources. After all, IU is a blueblood.

Except Ohio State has several hundred million more $$ in their athletic budget than we do.  You'll have that at a school twice the size and NOT competing with 2-3 other similar sized schools for state money.     Like I said before, being #1 in faciities would require a new arena and getting rid of Assembly Hall.    That's not happening, so you can stop hoping we'll be #1 in facilities for a while.

Zero excuse not to be #1 in both facilities and budget/resources. After all, IU is a blueblood.

That would be why we are the number one desirable job in the B1G as voted on by the coaches. Our crappy arena and no private jet. Hang ‘em by the nuts. I am with you Gradman.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Except Ohio State has several hundred million more $$ in their athletic budget than we do.  You'll have that at a school twice the size and NOT competing with 2-3 other similar sized schools for state money.     Like I said before, being #1 in faciities would require a new arena and getting rid of Assembly Hall.    That's not happening, so you can stop hoping we'll be #1 in facilities for a while.

IMO a great AD and leader would help build a new arena that was along the lines of Allen Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Cameron Indoor, the Pit, Assembly Hall, and all the other greats. Not a soulless bland, sterile, antiseptic type arena like the YUM center. 

Again I'm for a new arena, but not if its like the YUM Center. 

IMO a great AD and leader would help build a new arena that was along the lines of Allen Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Cameron Indoor, the Pit, Assembly Hall, and all the other greats. Not a soulless bland, sterile, antiseptic type arena like the YUM center. 

Again I'm for a new arena, but not if its like the YUM Center. 

Name a college arena that has been built in the last 10 years that would fit those top places (Assembly, Phog, Cameron, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app