Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Absolutely imperative we go to the tournament this year. Since Michigan and Louisville definitely will, and could very well have deep tournament runs.

We can't expect to fight off those schools for guys like Lander and Kaufman while we're in the NIT and they're going past the second week of the tournament. 

Mack has UL right back as a top program. I would expect us to struggle recruiting against them moving forward.

Mack has UL right back as a top program. I would expect us to struggle recruiting against them moving forward.
They are very good but they struggled in their game against a team with a Kenpom ranking in the mid 300s, Upstate. Upstate actually led by 2 with around 14 to go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can someone connect me with Sam Story and Rabjohns? I need advice on walking back some guarantees.

Don’t guarantee ****!

We’ll be recruiting another big in the 2020 class...

If he commits to IU we’ll land a big recruit for 2020...

IU is bowl eligible but if we continue to win games we’ll get a better bowl..

Bank it all!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm disappointed about Garcia not because I expected him to come to IU (although I had hope) but because he seems like a good kid with skills that would be a great fit. I'm sure he'll do fine at Marquette, but don't expect their team to have much success. Oh well, time to move on. 

We were lucky to be a finalist for Dawson Garcia. He's an excellent player and would have done well in Archie's system. But we got in on him late compared to Marquette. Marquette is closer geographically. And as I've said before, IU will have a tough time landing top out-of-state talent until we do better on the court. Hopefully that is happening this year. Time to move on.

We were lucky to be a finalist for Dawson Garcia. He's an excellent player and would have done well in Archie's system. But we got in on him late compared to Marquette. Marquette is closer geographically. And as I've said before, IU will have a tough time landing top out-of-state talent until we do better on the court. Hopefully that is happening this year. Time to move on.

Just for reference it’s not necessarily that IU got in late on Garcia. Looking back at my notes IU began tracking him around April 2018 evaluation period(Archie’s 2nd summer recruiting for Indiana). His first summer of recruiting was heavily geared towards 2018,19 classes and rightfully so (Romeo, TJD). When I watched Galloway and Leal play at Warren in April of 2018 was when I saw Garcia for the first time and IU had an assistant watching. IU could of never got in as early as Marquette because they began recruiting him way early in the process(before Archie was IU’s coach). Which is way relationship with the coaches was a huge factor. Pace of play and B1Gs physical nature was also a big factor in his decision. Also as you mentioned being geographically closer.

I'm disappointed we missed out on Garcia, but with Brunk and (hopefully) TJD on board for another two years (and maybe longer with TJD, but not holding my breath), I'm not terribly worried. We have time to replenish the bigs. What I'm hoping is that either Galloway or Leal (or both) is a pure shooter who can knock down 3s consistently and poses a real threat to the defense -- ala Blackmon, Zeisloft, Hulls, Roth. 

We haven't really had one in Archie's tenure and really need that guy we can rely on to bang it home from distance. Early on, our 3-point shooting is still very underwhelming. We appear better at FTs but the 3-point shooting is not particularly good (through four games, 104th in the country and with last night's 3-10 effort, that'll probably drop). And if we can only hit 35 percent against the likes of Troy, Princeton, Western Illinois, Portland State and North Alabama, I don't wanna know how we'll fare against the B1G. 

(FYI, so far Sean McNeil is 3 for 5 from long range in about 10 minutes a game for West Virginia, which is 3-0. He's the former juco kid many here were salivating over. Have no point with that -- just throwing it out there.)

Just now, biteoftheapple said:

Gradman annoys me as much as anyone that reads this board, but, I do not see why this violation was any worse than his other outrageous takes on any issue.

Agreed.

It's the constant semi-trolling that eventually becomes untenable. No action taken - but situation noted.

Back to the discussion of IU basketball please.

I'm disappointed we missed out on Garcia, but with Brunk and (hopefully) TJD on board for another two years (and maybe longer with TJD, but not holding my breath), I'm not terribly worried. We have time to replenish the bigs. What I'm hoping is that either Galloway or Leal (or both) is a pure shooter who can knock down 3s consistently and poses a real threat to the defense -- ala Blackmon, Zeisloft, Hulls, Roth. 
We haven't really had one in Archie's tenure and really need that guy we can rely on to bang it home from distance. Early on, our 3-point shooting is still very underwhelming. We appear better at FTs but the 3-point shooting is not particularly good (through four games, 104th in the country and with last night's 3-10 effort, that'll probably drop). And if we can only hit 35 percent against the likes of Troy, Princeton, Western Illinois, Portland State and North Alabama, I don't wanna know how we'll fare against the B1G. 

(FYI, so far Sean McNeil is 3 for 5 from long range in about 10 minutes a game for West Virginia, which is 3-0. He's the former juco kid many here were salivating over. Have no point with that -- just throwing it out there.)

Leal and Geronimo are who the 3 point shooting will come from the most I believe. Galloway needs to improve that some and I’m sure he will. He’ll impact games in many other ways though.