Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

1 minute ago, goonaha said:

I do know the phrase, but I don't spend my time on other boards complaining about the others. I read them all because I don't view any of them as a waste of time/money, rather complementary pieces in my IU obsession. Have a nice day.

And I think it’s idiotic to spend money on a guy with a terrible track record. Have a nice day 

25 minutes ago, madtownhoosier said:

Love this site, but I dont understand the Rabjohns hate by some.  I think the guy is a class act.  Yes, he got played pretty hard by the Garlands, but that reflects more on them then on Rabby.  

I have one issue with Rabby and thats him criticizing McRobbie and Glass for building Wilkinson Hall and saying IU had a perfectly good volleyball arena.

Either he is ignorant or just wants to jump on the administration (which is a lot of times justifiable) for anything. Volleyball had one of the worst facilities in the country in the worst location. By being in a brand New Arena on campus now crowds are much bigger and atmosphere is much better.

I have had my own criticisms of Aird and the program this year but building the arena was absolutely the right decision and Rabjohns saying they had a perfectly good Volleyball facility before was flat out untrue. 

So you're wasting your time on speculation. Good to know.

To be fair, ten years ago it was most certainly worth having a subscription. When we came over (the mods asked by Jason) it was on the premise he wasn’t going with that model as it’s archaic. Information is readily available with social media that Rabjohns is getting. He is essentially doing what CCG did for years. He may have an interview with a kid, which we no longer do, but that information is out there quick. Rabjohns does not hold a golden ticket of information. That said this is how he makes his living. I will never hate on a man for making a living, but I don’t think it’s also right to act like he has this crazy insight others don’t have. You pay for the convenience of that information or reassurances of what is currently out there. These kids don’t have him on speed dial.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

if you don’t think top recruits are looking at how likely they will start then I don’t know what to tell you.   

They are able to promise PT by ensuring roster turnover 

Louisville is in a good position with Jalen Terry and just had Zion Harmon for an official. Maybe those 2 decide before Lander

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Assuming we don't get Garcia the lesson to Archie is if he likes someone jump in right away. Garcia has basically said he likes Marquette for recruiting him the longest. I remember when IU jumped in on him and it was not from the beginning but late last spring or early summer I think. If we had been in on him from the beginning I think we would of won this one easily. 

Lesson for Archie is when he really likes a 5* recruit he needs to be in it from the beginning like he is with Lander and was with TJD. Not mad at Archie but jumping in a little later on a top recruit as happened here ends with you as the brides maid more often then not. Not mad at Archie and zooming in on certain targets is hard but in the future he needs to make sure he is in on all 5* recruits like this from the get go and he usually is. Here he was not and it probably cost us. 

10 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Assuming we don't get Garcia the lesson to Archie is if he likes someone jump in right away. Garcia has basically said he likes Marquette for recruiting him the longest. I remember when IU jumped in on him and it was not from the beginning but late last spring or early summer I think. If we had been in on him from the beginning I think we would of won this one easily. 

Lesson for Archie is when he really likes a 5* recruit he needs to be in it from the beginning like he is with Lander and was with TJD. Not mad at Archie but jumping in a little later on a top recruit as happened here ends with you as the brides maid more often then not. Not mad at Archie and zooming in on certain targets is hard but in the future he needs to make sure he is in on all 5* recruits like this from the get go and he usually is. Here he was not and it probably cost us. 

I’ve always wondered why we got in so late. Seemed odd he wasn’t a late bloomer. We had to have seen him with our recruitments of Race and Hurt.  Not to mention ostroms connections in the area. 

Perhaps Archie was sure we were going to land somebody else 

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The same thought crossed my mind.  We have to identify our targets early.  I know this staff isn't as prone to the shotgun, pass out offers like candy approach but most of the guys we were hoping for over the past month or so were ones we got in late on.  Of course Geronimo was late and a success, so nothing is set in concrete.

Losing Garcia because we got in late would kind of blow because how many times have we lost players we were on from the beginning (goes back to the Crean regime).

I suppose it's just an inexact science and each recruit is different.

I want to add the "we need to forget this one and focus on <next guy> : We are only spectators and really have close to zero effect on recruiting.  No doubt, the staff has a handle on this and other recruitments and will focus the necessary attention as they see fit.  At this point, I'm sure their primary focus is on preparing and guiding the team into and through the current season.

28 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And I think it’s idiotic to spend money on a guy with a terrible track record. Have a nice day 

If you read rabjohns' posts through the lens of a narcissistic cult leader it is eye opening.  90% of what he says is in some way intended to promote himself.  there is BS and spin in 100% of what he says.  everything is said in a weird cryptic way that they can point to it later and say i told you so, no matter how it goes.   i couldn't take it and i don't know how anyone with an ounce of intellect could, but the lemmings over there seem to lap it up.

39 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Honestly surprised we got this far as late as we jumped in

It’d be nice if we didn’t miss out on recruits at times. Like what if Josh Smith has actually came to IU? Or a name no one has heard since probably 2004... Robert Rothbart. Where they would have joined freshman DJ White, Robert Vaden, AJ Ratliff and James Hardy. As well as vets Mike Roberts, Bracey Wright, Marshall Strickland, Rod Wilmont and Pat Ewing.
Or what if Trey Lyles had stuck to his commitment and given Indiana a true post presence that season? Or if Gary Harris came to Indiana? Or Kyle Guy?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This site also doesn't have a bunch of interviews and actual content outside of the discussion/speculation you mentioned (beside Chris's contributions obviously). I don't get why they can't exist in the same ecosystem. It gets quite old when Peegs.com bashing occurs in every recruiting thread. 
Peegs sold his soul to the $'s and his pretend access to the program.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’d be nice if we didn’t miss out on recruits at times. Like what if Josh Smith has actually came to IU? Or a name no one has heard since probably 2004... Robert Rothbart. Where they would have joined freshman DJ White, Robert Vaden, AJ Ratliff and James Hardy. As well as vets Mike Roberts, Bracey Wright, Marshall Strickland, Rod Wilmont and Pat Ewing.
Or what if Trey Lyles had stuck to his commitment and given Indiana a true post presence that season? Or if Gary Harris came to Indiana? Or Kyle Guy?

Robert Rothbart...thats a name I had to go back and look up. Great pull out of the vault there sir. 

Disappointing but we’ve known this for 2 days now. I think he would have been a great addition. But it wasn’t what he wanted, so we have to assume his vision and Archie’s vision don’t line up.

Will be interesting what we do next.

And please TJD, don’t go pro after 1 season. That would wreck next season maybe beyond repair.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Bottom line is that we won't consistently pull top talent from out of state, or even instate, until we have tournament runs. 

Or we can go the Will Wade route and start throwing bags of cash around. 

Well next year it might be legal. 

Fans eat at Yogis. Yogis hires recruits to do ads for them. Repeat.