Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

Marquette people are pretty confident. Who really knows? My gut says it’s Marquette because that is the lean or trend. My brain says Indiana is the best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I say Marquette because it seems to often that we lose recruiting battles like this for whatever dumb reason. We’ve gotten Zeller and Bryant and Romeo. But lost out on many more. Especially in the Crean era. It’s doesn’t feel like. TJD recruitment where we just kinda knew he was coming here. Feels more like Brooks where it’s a tossup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I say Marquette because it seems to often that we lose recruiting battles like this for whatever dumb reason. We’ve gotten Zeller and Bryant and Romeo. But lost out on many more. Especially in the Crean era. It’s doesn’t feel like. TJD recruitment where we just kinda knew he was coming here. Feels more like Brooks where it’s a tossup.

I was more confident for Brooks tbh. Brooks and TJD were tight. I think our poor season and the Romeo hate online contributed to losing him. I think our staff was confident as well. I think this recruitment is a big reason we lost an assistant coach. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in those coaches meetings. Also, Senior and Junior were always tempted by the UK allure.

I wouldn’t be so edgy about this if we had some good backup plans. But we dont really have any backup plan at all.

Probably no backup plan because they got 5-6 scholarship front court players expected to return next year

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I wouldn’t be so edgy about this if we had some good backup plans. But we dont really have any backup plan at all.

No backup plan?!? We will likely have the entirety of this year's team back, less DeVonte Green and DeRon Davis. And, we will add Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo.

Beyond those additions, what in the world makes you think "we don't really have any backup plan at all?" We have grad transfers, decommits, and late risers that can be added in addition to the return of all three current starting frontcourt players, + Race and Jerome.

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was more confident for Brooks tbh. Brooks and TJD were tight. I think our poor season and the Romeo hate online contributed to losing him. I think our staff was confident as well. I think this recruitment is a big reason we lost an assistant coach. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in those coaches meetings. Also, Senior and Junior were always tempted by the UK allure.

I still believe the staff was all but certain Brooks was coming here, but he kept dragging it out and when uk came calling I think father brooks pushed everything in that direction.  If the Garcia's were as star-struck with MU like the Brooks' were with uk, he would have committed by now.

Personally, I feel we've made a good impression on the kid and his family and the rest is up to them.

19 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I kinda like having a scholarship available at the end of this season for graduate transfers.

I think we need Garcia or another big in this class for the following season, not so much the 2020-2021 season. We’ll be solid there next season with Brunk, Smith, Thompson, Jackson-Davis, Hunter, and Geronimo. We’ll need some experience for the following season with Brunk and Smith gone for sure and possibly Jackson-David too. I’d feel a lot more comfortable with Thompson, a sophomore Garcia, Hunter, and Geronimo and a few solid freshmen bigs than no Garcia.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No backup plan?!? We will likely have the entirety of this year's team back, less DeVonte Green and DeRon Davis. And, we will add Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo.

Beyond those additions, what in the world makes you think "we don't really have any backup plan at all?" We have grad transfers, decommits, and late risers that can be added in addition to the return of all three current starting frontcourt players, + Race and Jerome.

27 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Look at TJD and the impact he is having as to why we need Garcia.

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think we need Garcia or another big in this class for the following season, not so much the 2020-2021 season. We’ll be solid there next season with Brunk, Smith, Thompson, Jackson-Davis, Hunter, and Geronimo. We’ll need some experience for the following season with Brunk and Smith gone for sure and possibly Jackson-David too. I’d feel a lot more comfortable with Thompson, a sophomore Garcia, Hunter, and Geronimo and a few solid freshmen bigs than no Garcia.

Brunk and Thompson arent scorers and TJD and or Smith could be gone next year. We have to continue recruiting at a high level. That is why we havent been able to sustain success.

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

I kinda like having a scholarship available at the end of this season for graduate transfers.

Archie hasnt proven he can land impact grad transfers and it wont get any easier as those guys want to go play for the likes of UK ect.

You can tell we’re getting down to the closing laps with this recruitment...some say we’re good ..some say we’re not..one thing is for sure one program is going to get an outstanding player and person add to  their team...Indiana/Marquette..who will it be???? Stay tuned folks