Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

Wanting to make the NCAA tournament in Archie’s third year is not a “WIN NOW” mentality.

Agreed. Making the tourney is pretty vanilla in terms of expectations in year 3 at Indiana

There are 64/68 teams that make the tourney, it’s really not asking for much

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Old Friend said:

Disagree.  One more season and I agree.   I think Indiana will make the tournament and it'll all be moot, but he's obviously trying to build for the long term; and I think he at the very least deserves the opportunity to build an experienced roster before he's judged.     Some of you are in such a "win now" mode without taking into account the factors that go into that.  Things are going in the right direction whether we get Garcia or not.  Nothing ever hinges on one player; and it's exhausting every single season when some new kid is THE MUST HAVE! or it shows something much bigger is wrong.  

As with Tom Allen and the football program...take a breath and be patient.  It's moving in a good direction.

I think there is a difference between “being in the hot seat” and firing Archie. Also think year three is getting awfully close to being past the window of fans having a “win now” mentality.  If Archie is going into his 4th season without making the tourney I do think his seat will be justifiably hot but don’t think that means he should be fired. In any case I agree that it will be a moot point (hopefully) as I think we will make the tourney.

Agree that recruiting is going in the right direction and that Garcia (who would be nice to get) is not a MUST HAVE that will determine the future of the program. It’s almost funny to think of how many Moses Abraham’s etc we absolutely had to have or the world as we know it was going to end.

People continue to look at this through the eyes of Indiana's former reputation and forget exactly what CAM stepped into when he took this job. He's working against the end product of 20 years of poor leadership and decision-making + a vastly changed landscape since we were consistently a royalty in the NCAA.

(If you need specifics for those two points of reference at this juncture then I've got nothing for you.)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, HinnyHoosier said:

People continue to look at this through the eyes of Indiana's former reputation and forget exactly what CAM stepped into when he took this job. He's working against the end product of 20 years of poor leadership and decision-making + a vastly changed landscape since we were consistently a royalty in the NCAA.

(If you need specifics for those two points of reference at this juncture then I've got nothing for you.)

No people are looking at this thru the eyes of people expecting progress. 

The same people who have an unrealistic definition of progress?

We were a win away from the tourney last year( a year we should have made it) how is a 1 game improvement unrealistic progress 

We were a win away from the tourney last year( a year we should have made it) how is a 1 game improvement unrealistic progress 

We're probably on different pages. Everyone agrees the expectation is a bigger tournament at the end of this season. Some, however, feel we should be at the point of 'making a run' by yesterday.

We're probably on different pages. Everyone agrees the expectation is a bigger tournament at the end of this season. Some, however, feel we should be at the point of 'making a run' by yesterday.

I honestly don’t see anybody expecting a run in this season. 

Move the expectation garbage for the current team and coach out of this recruiting thread please. Keep this about Dawson Garcia.

Our bad?

Ok. Dawson Garcia likes Chili's and got bored at Marquette karaoke. Back on track.

23 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah it’s very quiet. Just looked at a few of their boards and they aren’t happy with the lack of information. No CB picks. No national guys saying anything about his visit.

Whole recruitment has been incredibly quiet. Not often a 5 star player doesn’t at least have several experts with what they think are educated guesses.