Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

7 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I'm still saying PG for next yrs class not a high priority for 2020. We have capabilities already in place with Al and from what info gained from the scrimmage Armaan. Garcia get would be huge!

I’m not saying we need a PG for 2020. We needed a back up for this year. And I would agree I think we have it but not certain. That and 3Pt shooting are still questions. I’m confident in our big rotation though. 

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Wonder where Lander would fit in there? I truly hope Archie does something crazy for next year. The Final Four is in Indy. We aren’t remotely close yet, but a man can dream. Those lineups look good as hell to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Would, would, would love for an Indy Final Four appearance! Any, Final Four appearance! But New Orleans has been awful good to us and that is the site after Indy!

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not saying we need a PG for 2020. We needed a back up for this year. And I would agree I think we have it but not certain. That and 3Pt shooting are still questions. I’m confident in our big rotation though. 

Yes sir! Definitely need to find that 3pt shot. Our percentages should be better as long as they keep Smith from chucking up too many. I keep waiting for the clouds to open up everytime he puts one up! Need to retire this sundial already.

13 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Man imagine our front court next year. 

Smith better have improved his handles and shot because if we get Garcia his only hope will be playing the 3. 

Imagine either

Phinisee, Al, Hunter, Davis, Garcia 

Phinisee, Hunter, Smith, Davis, Garcia

The size and athleticism would be amazing. 

Or Phinisee, Lander, Hunter, TJD, Garcia 

^As Fisch would say ... “BINGO”^
A national championship can be won by a rotation of Durham, Phin, Franklin, TJD, Brunk, Smith, Hunter, and Garcia.

I would have to disagree with that statement. Would love to be proved wrong

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. 

Btw Is it weird that as soon as Archie tries to copy the UNC model , UNC starts to try and run with Duke and Kentucky

UNC did not change their model.

They have been offering and going after 5 stars all along. The Duke and UK rosters of the past 5-7 years were littered with a number of OAD players that UNC unsuccessfully offered. The difference now is that the 5 stars are saying yes.  Many UNC fans were disappointed  in the past misses.

UNC still landed some of those 5 stars in the past. They just stayed at UNC for more than a year.

5 or 4 star, Dawson Garcia would be a great pickup for the ‘20 class that, early on, looked like it was going to be a small, need based class before a giant ‘21 class. If we can somehow land Garcia it feels like there could be two star players in this class to go along with shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 9/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, Stuhoo said:

Tell you what; when Dawson Garcia takes his inevitable official visit to IU, he's gonna get the full-on star treatment, and you can bet that Anthony Leal and Trey Galloway will be there to help chaperone.

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Leal and Galloway will be on campus during his visit

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Was hoping for exactly this. So so excellent.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The staff (Archie and Ostrom in particular) and future team members Leal & Galloway have done just about everything possible to secure his commitment.  I really feel it in my bones that we're going to land him.  Hope it's not just arthritis.  

Could it be that we land him AND you're feeling the arthur-itis?

Just sayin'.    ;)

30 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Nice pic. But isn’t Garcia supposed to be something like 5 or 6 inches taller than those kids?