Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2020) PF/C - Dawson Garcia to Minnesota

Hmmm, there are more teases in that tweet than in my  entire high school dating career! I'm ready for some good news and I have very little expectation of IU getting Garcia so that would be huge. 

If good things come in 3's how about: 1) IUFB goes 7-5 and WINS a bowl 2) IUBB kills it on recruiting for '20 & '21 3) IUBB not only returns to the NCAA's but wins a game?

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I agree. I will say that I’ve heard that Leal and Galloway have been talking to Garcia a lot since their commitments plus he is friends with Race so I can see that helping.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Would like some updated news on Jerome Hunter. I think he could be the most pivotal piece this upcoming season.

I will say the Hunter tease in Sam Story’s tweet combined with the recent social media video of Jerome using #missionaccomplished seems intriguing. But I’m also desperate for any positive sports related news after this weekend, haha.

Edit: Sorry; I realize a little OT from Garcia. Back to him...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really hope things get serious between us and Garcia, I'd love to add him.
Especially since Furst will probably go to Purdue in the 2021 class, so this kid as a sophomore would be huge.

Will hate that if true with Furst. Will be painful for me. I refuse to give up hope.

I’m

1a Lander
1b Kaufman
1c Furst

And call it a day.

All out approach and actually landing Garcia may be two different things

Yeah, I don’t think we land Garcia but I’d be stoked with replacing a graduating Davis with Garcia. Garcia would have a 5th year senior in Brunk to learn from for a year too. A sophomore Garcia paired with a possible junior Jackson-Davis and senior Phin would be exciting.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

20 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yeah, I don’t think we land Garcia but I’d be stoked with replacing a graduating Davis with Garcia. Garcia would have a 5th year senior in Brunk to learn from for a year too. A sophomore Garcia paired with a possible junior Jackson-Davis and senior Phin would be exciting.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Jackson-Davis would be a sophomore and Rob would be a junior....Garcia would be coming in for th 2020 class next year.

I think Jackson-Davis would be a sophomore and Rob would be a junior....Garcia would be coming in for th 2020 class next year.

My bad for not being clear on that post. I meant the following season when Brunk is gone. Garcia has a ton of talent so he might start over a 5th year Brunk anyway. That’d be tremendous talent with a RS Jr in Hunter to round out the front court.

IMG_0549.thumb.jpg.b7ebfbe26bc050bf91a27d982a32592d.jpg

Just for discussion. Also the previous tweet he mentions talked about Caleb Love’s OV, assistant coach being named, and Penix being named the starter.

EDIT- he may have just moved there.

He lives in the Chicago suburbs. He must have some decent ties to get the info he is getting(good or bad)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He lives in the Chicago suburbs. He must have some decent ties to get the info he is getting(good or bad) 

What info is he getting? He never says anything of substance. 007 said Penix would be a starter, named Roberts as a candidate etc. what did SS actually say that aged well? Not shooting the messenger, just asking

What info is he getting? He never says anything of substance. 007 said Penix would be a starter, named Roberts as a candidate etc. what did SS actually say that aged well? Not shooting the messenger, just asking

I didn't say he was a Chris007, but he has said some stuff was coming down the pike. It doesnt mean I believe everything he says

Maybe they have the same sources?

I didn't say he was a Chris007, but he has said some stuff was coming down the pike. It doesnt mean I believe everything he says

I just don’t think he says anything... it’s all cryptic and lacking substance. Always has outs and ways to take credit for something later.

Calhouns health is the word.