Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Cheaney40

Recruiting Violations

Ok so the topic name might be a bit of clickbait, but saw this article this morning.

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2019/04/football-infractions-among-24-secondary-violations-iu-reported-to-ncaa-in-2017-18-year/

A couple of minor violations including one during 2017 Hoosier Hysteria when a few recruits were paraded across the floor prior to the event.

Lost 4 days of recruiting...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What was it that Snow said in that podcast?  Other schools the compliance department is trying to help the programs make stuff compliant while at IU the compliance department is trying to catch cheating. 

It's ridiculous. They did it this past year with TJD and Keion. So tired of this garbage. The NCAA is a joke. I'm always going to be a huge college basketball fan but things have to change with college sports. UNC, Kansas, Duke, and others get away with murder. IU got in so much trouble of text messages/calling. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

It's ridiculous. They did it this past year with TJD and Keion. So tired of this garbage. The NCAA is a joke. I'm always going to be a huge college basketball fan but things have to change with college sports. UNC, Kansas, Duke, and others get away with murder. IU got in so much trouble of text messages/calling. 

We did it to ourselves by self-reporting and self-sanctioning.  We should take it as a lesson to not punish ourselves because it wasn't the NCAA that did it.

23 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

We did it to ourselves by self-reporting and self-sanctioning.  We should take it as a lesson to not punish ourselves because it wasn't the NCAA that did it.

I don't want to get down in the gutter with a lot of the schools but I'm also not into a "holier than thou" state of mind.

1 hour ago, fwgreenway said:

From the article:  " The women’s basketball program self-reported a violation after incorrectly reimbursing a prospective recruit above the institutional mileage rate by five cents. As a corrective action, IU collected restitution of $1.15 from the recruit."  Whew....

That Martinsville pipeline will run dry now

Sorry to say this, but until we are willing to do what UK, UNC, Duke as well as everyone else; we will continue to have subpar results on the court or football field. The academic cheating by UNC who was turned in by a professor no less; is the perfect example of the governing institution not willing to punish one of its top schools. The NCAA is supposed to make sure athletes are educated. By doing relatively nothing, they are saying it’s alright to give paper diplomas. I believe in the very near future we will see the power 5 conferences brak from the NCAA to start their own governing body. I cannot wait for that to happen.