Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

IU Men's Soccer 2020 Recruiting Class

We picked up our first commit tonight for this class. 3* D Lawson Redmon - Edwardsville, IL. TDS // Stats

@lawsonredmon: I am thankful to announce my commitment to continue my academic and athletic career at Indiana University. Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point. #Q49 @IndianaMSOC

#3. Louisville flip. 2* MF Kyle Folds - Cleveland, OH - TDS

@FoldsKyle: I am excited and honored to announce that I have committed to continue my academic and soccer career at Indiana University. A big thank you to my family, friends, teammates and coaches that have helped me to get to this point. #gohoosiers

#5 tonight. 3* D Lukas Hummel - St. Louis, MO. TDS

@hummellukas1: I am extremely excited to announce my commitment to continue my academic and athletic career at Indiana University. I want to thank my family, coaches, and friends who have supported me along the way! Go Hoosiers! #Q49 @IndianaMSOC

Folds made the 1st round of All-Americans. 

https://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/news_article/show/973982

For the first time, Allstate is crowning 250 high school soccer players from across the United States as All-Americans. In the summer of 2019, 40 boys and 40 girls will be selected to play in the Allstate All-America Cup during the Major League Soccer (MLS) All-Star festivities in Orlando. 

Folds served as a hard-charging utility knife. As Coach Mike McLaughlin said at the end of the season banquet, Folds is one of the few players he's coached to play every position on the field (except for goalie) in a season. Folds starred at forward, midfielder, and defender this season, excelling wherever he lined up. Folds started all 22 games, playing 1,476 minutes, ranking third on the team in playing time. 

Folds tallied 9 goals and 2 assists during a stellar junior campaign. Folds scored several highlight reel goals, including a marvelous top-shelf tally vs. St. Edward that made ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 plays. 

For his career, Folds has tallied 17 goals and 5 assists, totaling 39 points. 

Nieto doin' work!

@IndianaFireDA: Our 01/02 group came away with a victory on Day 1 at the @STLFCAcademy Easter Showcase. Indiana Fire Academy defeated Bethesda 2-0, with goals from Nieto and Hauger.

Day 2: Indiana Fire Academy defeated PDA 4-2, with another 3 goals from Nieto and 1 from Hauger. 

Day 3: Indiana Fire Academy defeated Arsenal 2-0, Nieto with both goals.

@SIHSSoccer: Congrats to Kyle Folds and Matthew McLaughlin for making the USA Today Pre-season All American team!

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/meet-the-2019-all-usa-preseason-high-school-boys-soccer-team#slideIdslide-14

Kyle Folds
School: St. Ignatius (Cleveland, Ohio)
Position: Midfielder
Class: 2020
College: Indiana
Noteworthy: A dominating midfielder, Folds scored nine goals during St. Ignatius' 18-2-2 season.

#6. 2* MF Nathan Ward - Greensburg Central Catholic, PA. TDS

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/gcc-soccers-nate-ward-commits-to-hoosiers/

He had 25 goals and 13 assists last season for GCC as the Centurions reached the WPIAL Class A championship and PIAA semifinals.

From a few weeks ago.

@INFireJrs: @IndianaFireDA  U19’s Paul Bogarin, Emerson Nieto, Medard Mikobi joined former IFA player & current Chicago Fire member Jeremiah Gutjahr to take on USL 1 side Lansing Ignite FC.

Chicago Reserves wins 3-2. IFA‘s  Nieto 2 assists, Bogarin 1 assist, Gutjahr 1 goal. 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:38 AM, ccgeneral said:

#3. Louisville flip. 2* MF Kyle Folds - Cleveland, OH - TDS

@FoldsKyle: I am excited and honored to announce that I have committed to continue my academic and soccer career at Indiana University. A big thank you to my family, friends, teammates and coaches that have helped me to get to this point. #gohoosiers

We held on to him after he flipped from Louisville.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, ccgeneral said:

#5 tonight. 3* D Lukas Hummel - St. Louis, MO. TDS

@hummellukas1: I am extremely excited to announce my commitment to continue my academic and athletic career at Indiana University. I want to thank my family, coaches, and friends who have supported me along the way! Go Hoosiers! #Q49 @IndianaMSOC

On 3/5/2019 at 8:07 AM, ccgeneral said:

#4 last night. 2* D Joey Maher. TDS

@SoccerSTL: Congratulations to Joey Maher who will join brother Jack at Indiana University the Fall of 2020 per his announcement on IG today. A @STLFCAcademy player