Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Joey Brunk to Indiana

I don’t see brunk starting unless Davis’ injuries persist: Davis is some level all bigten when healthy as a senior. If brunk plays more than 20 minutes a game something went wrong with Davis.

As for Smith, he isn’t starting at the 4 as TJD will be so that leaves him as the backup 4 or starting 3 or backup 3.

If he wants to be a 3 he better hope Hunter isn’t ready or he improves a ton

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
The concern is if hunter does not play than what. Smith might get the minutes. Brunk played alot early but his minutes went down later. Seems like a 15 to 20 minute guy maybe. He is perfect for the big ten though against harmes and those guys.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, mookied39 said:

Honestly, who cares what Justin wants.....if he earns a starting spot....GREAT, if not TOO BAD!  Get better.  I hate the idea of being recruited over, if that is a problem, WORK YOUR ARSE off and CLAIM YOUR SPOT....if not...get out of the way.

I agree. Unfortunately a kid usually transfers if that happens in todays era. 

Honestly, who cares what Justin wants.....if he earns a starting spot....GREAT, if not TOO BAD!  Get better.  I hate the idea of being recruited over, if that is a problem, WORK YOUR ARSE off and CLAIM YOUR SPOT....if not...get out of the way.

Pretty much how life works right? If you really want something then you gotta put in the work. It’s really not that hard

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That is awesome he is an education major! Liked everything that I read. I like him setting the bar high. 

If Brunk and Davis can both average about 8 ppg at around 20 minutes each game with good rebounding and great defense we’ll be in a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Davis has the potential to score more than 8ppg. If healthy I’m looking for 12-14. He’s a load within 5 feet

Davis has the potential to score more than 8ppg. If healthy I’m looking for 12-14. He’s a load within 5 feet

I agree mostly. I think if he stays healthy AND stays out of foul trouble he could for sure. I think him and Brunk sort of become our two headed monster in that position. I feel if both together could get to that 14-16 ppg and 10 boards in 40 min between them it’s a win.

I agree mostly. I think if he stays healthy AND stays out of foul trouble he could for sure. I think him and Brunk sort of become our two headed monster in that position. I feel if both together could get to that 14-16 ppg and 10 boards in 40 min between them it’s a win.

Exactly where I’m at with the stats. Although, I have a feeling we’ll see some of Jackson-Davis at the 5 too. If Davis is healthy AND conditioned (limiting his fatigued fouls) he could easily be a double figure scorer. Getting a double double from the 5 spot with great defense will be key.

If Davis is conditioned we could also see him average a couple assists per game which would be huge. Our shooting percentage would be much higher if Davis forces opponents to double him.

I have a bad feeling the staff is going to try and force a square peg in a round hole with Jackson-Davis playing the 4. I don’t think he’s quick enough to defend most Big Ten 4s nor has the perimeter game, yet(!), to keep teams honest.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app