Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Joey Brunk to Indiana

4 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Much better than jake or Clifton. His defense is actually one of his strengths. I wouldn’t ever expect him to create much offense but he will be a stopper down low. Great pickup for post depth from the staff. Just need a shooter now 

He’s not going to create much offense but he’s very efficient at it. 

20+ PER which is primarily an offensive stat. 

34 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Welcome home big fella! You are the kind of recruit we should have gone after harder in the past—a tough—hard nosed—Indiana kid who will bring hustle and passion to the program. Better late than never. Now help us turn the culture around and let’s get back to our winnin’ ways!

Hoo—Hoo—Hoo—Hoosiers!

OMG!!!!!!!! I have got to pull this one back up next March. This is a horrible direction to go unless davis isnt staying for his last year. I dont really like the 3 point shot and the new way most college and pro teams play, you have to adapt to the way the game is played. This is doing a complete opposite.I really dont think they have a direction and seem totally lost. Welcome home???? He is leaving home to go to Bloomington.

10 minutes ago, connchr71 said:

OMG!!!!!!!! I have got to pull this one back up next March. This is a horrible direction to go unless davis isnt staying for his last year. I dont really like the 3 point shot and the new way most college and pro teams play, you have to adapt to the way the game is played. This is doing a complete opposite.I really dont think they have a direction and seem totally lost. Welcome home???? He is leaving home to go to Bloomington.

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Davis can only play 20 minutes or so what would you have them do?  We can’t keep having the 3rd tallest guy on the court playing center for us. 

The first poster is a Butler, not IU fan.

22 minutes ago, connchr71 said:

We just lost 2 backup centers, granted not very good ones and we got a good one to replace. What the hell is wrong with that? We can still get a shooter hopefully. fixed it, damn PC

15 minutes ago, connchr71 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c733dc63a24b8b6d2d1e6ff0296f7f02.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

We just lost 2 backup c the hell enters, granted not very good ones and we got a good one to replace. What the hell is wrong with that? We can still get a shooter hopefully.

I wouldn't waste my time responding to him.  Pull up his 11 posts over two years and you'll see why.

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Based on this picture I'd say he's every bit his listed height. Love Juwan, but it's going to be nice to not have 6'8 centers anymore. 

Who is in the middle?

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Hey I like this pick up but we had 2 bigs just leave the program 2 weeks ago. And if Juwan was not a big how is Race a big.

Now, it is perfectly fine to be happy trading 2 guys who were far down the bench for Brunk who could be a great pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Juwan and Race are both perfectly fine at the 4. They have no business ever playing center or being the tallest guy on the court. IU now has three guys capable of doing that. When was the last time they had that? Also, Forrester and Moore apparently were not capable of playing at Indiana. If so, why didn't they play this year? Or Moore his first year? They didn't want to wait to play and I can't blame them. Now, is Joey Brunk going to be All-World? No, but he is 1) a veteran player 2) adds more depth and 3) balances out the classes and will play for two years while getting a Master's. I'm all for that. De'ron Davis can't play more than twenty minutes a game. Brunk will help this team. I think he and TJD working out together is a step in the right direction. I hope he is a culture guy...IU needs guys who want to play for Indiana and not just some program. Get IU a shooter and I'll be happy with this core for the next two years. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Davis can only play 20 minutes or so what would you have them do?  We can’t keep having the 3rd tallest guy on the court playing center for us. 

This....You can't do that in the Big Ten. Our 24-32 Big Ten Record the last three years speaks for that as well as no shooters. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Very good pickup for us at a position of need. With Davis and Brunk at the 5 it should allow TJD to play the 4. 

And if TJD is at the 4 what happens to Justin Smith??? Rob, Al, Devonte, and TJD are four of your five starters IMO. If Watford some how commits he is your fifth starter. Quinones probably comes off the bench if he comes to IU. But do they go "small" with Justin at the 4 or big with Brunk at the 5 and TJD at the 4? This is the most interesting storyline right now. No way does Justin Smith take anything but a starting role. I'd be surprised if he is okay with coming off the bench. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Based on how Justin Smith played last season, he doesn’t deserve starter minutes on a good team. I know the Smith’s don’t see it that way. So, I guess we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I 100% agree with you. I think he is a 6th man at best. 

I think this will be a big time pick up because of the security it provides. DeRon has health and foul concerns, so I think this is a huge pick up for the team.

Welcome to the IU family Mr. Brunk, glad to have you!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners