Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

IU Baseball vs Evansville

I will be at IU soccer tonight so will not be able to provide any updates. Stream is through ESPN+ and most don't have that subscription (including me) but IU is providing live radio and stats and then rest of weekend has normal paid BTN2go broadcast with also radio and stats. Unlike today, I should be able to provide updates for most of tomorrow since I know I am one of the few with BTN2go and plan to be home a good part of the day. 

Interesting series and just need a split to be in good shape and anything else is gravy given Evansville's RPI that is also in 30's.  

Hoosiers (20-12) with a 4-game Little 500 weekend series with Evansville (17-11).  Friday game will be played in Evansville and scheduled to start at 7:00.  Saturday and Sunday games will be played in Bloomington.  Saturday doubleheader with first game at 2:05; Sunday's game at 1:05.

Radio

Live Stats - Friday Night Game

Live Stats    Saturday and Sunday games

Friday Night Game Stream

Inning #1:  Hoosiers go down in order.   Milton hits a batter with 2 outs but gets a K to end the inning.   No score after 1.

Inning #2:  Cole Barr draws a 1 out walk but Scotty Bradley hits into an inning ending double play questioned by Coach Mercer resulting in a review of the play but the original ruling was confirmed.   Milton sets Evansville down in order.  Still no score.

Inning #3:  Grant Richardson leads us off with our first hit of the game, a single up the middle and advances to second on a ground out by Justin Walker.  After Wyatt Cross strikes out, Richardson steals third.  Drew Ashley singles home Richardson and we lead 1-0.    Gorski forces Ashley at second and our half of the inning is over.    Milto sets Evansville down in order and it's 1-0 after 3 innings.

Inning #4:  First pitch of the inning and Matt Lloyd knocks it over the center field wall and IU leads 2-0.  That was Lloyd's 11th of the year and as a team, that's our 59th home run on the year.   Dunham and Barr draw walks.  Both runners advance on a Bradley fly out followed by a Richardson strikeout.   Justin Walker hits a 2-out single to left scoring both runners and it's now 4-0.  Cross strikes out to end our half of the 4th.   Evansville gets its first hit on a bad hopper to third but that's all they get. 

Inning #5:  Drew Ashley leads us off with a single to left but Gorski hits into a double play.  Lloyd strikes out and we go down in order.   Milto in control and sets the Aces down in order.

Inning #6:  Elijah Dunham draws a walk our fourth straight inning of getting our leadoff batter on base but Dunham is caught attempting to steal second.   Cole Barr draws a walk; Bradley and Richardson both fly out to end the inning.   In the Evansville half the Aces gets their second hit with one out.  A hard hit ball gets past Walker at short and the Aces have 2 men on with 1 out.  Milto gets the second out on a fly out to Gorski  and the third out on a ground out to Ashley.  After 6 innings, IU leading 4-0.

Inning #7:  Hoosiers go down in order.   Time to sssssssttttttrrrrrrreeeeeetttttttcccccchhhhhhh.      Milto really cruising tonight and sets the Aces down in order.

Inning #8:   Gorski and Lloyd both draw walks to lead off the inning.  Dunham's caught looking for out #1.  Hoosiers pull off a double steal and a throwing error allows Gorski to score and Lloyd advance to third.  IU leading 5-0.  Barr draws a walk and we have runners on the corners with 1 out.  Bradley walks and bases are loaded for Grant Richardson who fouls out.  Justin Walker grounds out to second and we waste an opportunity.    Milto remains on the mound as we start the 8th nearing 90 pitches.  He hits his second batter on the night and the Aces have their leadoff batter on base but Milto gets the next 3 batters out and it remains 5-0 in favor of IU.

Inning #9:  Cross leads off with a fly out to right.  Ashley grounds out to short.  Gorski strikes out and the Aces have one last chance.   Conner Manous takes the mound after a really strong outing from Milto and gets the first 2 batters to fly out  and a bouncer back to the mound for out #3 and the ballgame is over.  Final score 5-0.    

We only had 5 hits but Evansville graciously walked 9 IU batters.   Ashley went 2-5 and Justin Walker with 2 RBI.  

I was at IU soccer tonight (and posted an extensive recap of that on another thread) so only saw a few tweets but good to see us get out of our Friday woes and get a nice win against a solid team. I will be watching and providing normal play by play most of tomorrow.

We are underway. Love that the announcer called it the "I-69 series". No where has benefited more from I-69 than people going between the 2 cities as a 2.5-3 hr drive is now 1.5-1.75 hrs. Literally sliced the driving time almost in half and made it barely farther than Indy. 

Also looks like a light crowd as expected with Little 5 and sounds like a good amount of Evansville fans drove up said I-69 for game.

Evansville goes strikeout, double off left field fence below the scoreboard, strikeout and dropped third strike throw onto first to retire side.

Announcer mentioned we will play 7 innings for games today but not sure that is accurate as I think College Baseball requires 9 now for all games baring weather problems and don't see anything about it on either teams twitter. Unless I hear differently later I am going to assume both games are 9 innings and announcer made mistake but ill update later if needed. To bottom 1.  

Ashley popped out to third, Gorski singles on ground past 2nd up middle, Lloyd doubles into the left field gap on a very low pitch that went all the way to wall scoring Gorski, Dunham walks, Barr strikes out looking, runners move up on wild pitch during Bradley at bat but he grounds out to 2nd to end inning. 1-0 to 2nd.

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:
Ashley pooped out to third

Sorry Aaron     Why have a double header on Saturday up against the Little 500 instead of Sunday?
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just now, LIHoosier said:

Sorry Aaron emoji90.png

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fixed. My bad. LOL. Although you have to admit he did poop the bed a bit with the failed at bat. Just kidding.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Isn’t rain forecast for tomorrow?

Yes and also weekend non conference games are almost always 4 game series with doubleheader Saturday and get as many in as you can (like Canius series).