Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

One of the all time greats for IU…Romeo Langford.  Sure fooled me.  If one goes to college to get a good job/career @ something he or she wants to do I had it all wrong.  Romeo was very smart and very successful elite alumn @ $3,000,000 to $5,000,000 per year.  How many can say that?  

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

One of the all time greats for IU…Romeo Langford.  Sure fooled me.  If one goes to college to get a good job/career @ something he or she wants to do I had it all wrong.  Romeo was very smart and very successful elite alumn @ $3,000,000 to $5,000,000 per year.  How many can say that?  

There’s a poster named “vanessachuck” that can say that.

9 hours ago, TTT said:

Howd he fool you? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Howd he fool you? 

Just the whole situation coming to IU out of high school under A.M. early;  physically not ready, lack of college success (Due to A.M. willingness to use IU basketball as farm team situation for NBA as it turns out for Langford) and some injuries…it turns out all things considered things have worked out very well for R.L.  (financially in his chosen career regardless how much of a glamorous career he has) which may grow into a good NBA career.  That’s how it fooled me when compared to counterparts including other college graduates. Unexpected.

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not sure what your exact point(s) is regarding Romeo but what do you think the purpose of attending college is for the college and the student?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was being sarcastic in referring to R.L. being great and elite for IU basketball because he was not.

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

He was never going to meet the expectations that the southern Indiana folks put on him from an early age, but he was very, very good and very, very poorly utilized at IU. 

So many factors, like you said. The insane Damon Bailey-esque expectations, the poor utilization and team construction by Archie, and the injury history that has not let a talented young man fully develop. He is only 23. I get that the Spurs aren't good, but he is possibly their best perimeter defender. If he can grow an offensive game (and stay healthy), Romeo could play a valuable role. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The team he was on... No. Romeo? Dude averaged 17ppg with a screwed up shooting hand. 

That doesn’t make him elite nor great 

Just now, TTT said:

That doesn’t make him elite nor great 

He was definitely elite. He won't go down as a great, but he was definitely an elite player. He was a guard that shot 53% from 2 and averaged 16.5 ppg. Only guard under Archie to average more than 14(Robert Johnson his senior year) and we haven't had a guard come close to 16.5 since Romeo did it. 

On 1/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, TTT said:

Just the whole situation coming to IU out of high school under A.M. early;  physically not ready, lack of college success (Due to A.M. willingness to use IU basketball as farm team situation for NBA as it turns out for Langford) and some injuries…it turns out all things considered things have worked out very well for R.L.  (financially in his chosen career regardless how much of a glamorous career he has) which may grow into a good NBA career.  That’s how it fooled me when compared to counterparts including other college graduates. Unexpected.

There was nothing about Romeo Langford that wasn't physically ready lol

On 1/2/2023 at 1:51 PM, TTT said:

I was being sarcastic in referring to R.L. being great and elite for IU basketball because he was not.

17p 5r is pretty great for a FR. 

All B1G 3rd team as a FR too. 

On 10/17/2023 at 5:41 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The amount of hate I've seen elsewhere for Romeo is just astounding.