Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

After signing with an agent, a player can only pull their name out if they are not drafted.
So, if Romeo signs he is officially gone.

If not drafted, what would they be pulling their name out of? The draft would have been over. Are you saying that he can sign with an agent but if not drafted he could remain in college?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If not drafted, what would they be pulling their name out of? The draft would have been over. Are you saying that he can sign with an agent but if not drafted he could remain in college?

Yes, after the draft if his name isn't called.

Hope he doesn’t slip too far, but if he does, he might as well slip to the 21 range and let the Pacers bring in another hometown guy. 

I don’t think he’ll slip that far. 15 to 16 range at worst imo. The IU fan in me is pulling for Lottery.

3 hours ago, Feathery said:

Not surprised by this. Good luck to the young man. If his family financial situation is true, I hope he gets a good financial advisor to help protect himself after he helps his family. 

Yep. Doesnt matter what you make only matters what you keep.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t think he’ll slip that far. 15 to 16 range at worst imo. The IU fan in me is pulling for Lottery.

Lotto would be nice but all of the 30 first rounders have guaranteed two year deals with another two years at the teams option.  In the 2018 draft the first year pay for the 10th pick was 3,553,000, 14th pick (last lotto pick) $2,894,000 and the 18th pick got $2,357,000. Dropping from 10th to 18th would cost him 1.2  million, the first year, but he would still be able to afford an apartment without a roommate:)

If you think about it, pre injury his numbers were much higher than post injury. You could argue that this might help his draft stock if folks believe the injury caused the drop off

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The injury announcement may actually help his stock recover... explains the less than prolific shooting everyone anticipated. NBA may eat this whole thing up. We’ll see how his future agent does at spinning the narrative. He’s certainly talented and seemingly humble. It’s not a great draft, and he was the third highest scoring freshman in the country. I think he goes in the 7-9 range.

I appreciate Romeo . I have always believed his outside shot was hindered by an injury to his hand. I truly believe all the he’s not ready talk would have been minimized, because his outside game would have opened up the court for him and the rest of the team. He will do well at the next level. Going left is his biggest weakness imo. Once he works that out and gets healthy, the top 5 prospect will appear.

I just read a Bleacher Report mock nba draft that came out yesterday where Romeo drops to 16. NBC Sports mock NBA draft also released yesterday has Romeo at 19. If he drops a couple of more the Pacers can grab him.