Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Romeo Langford - Utah Jazz

Romeo Langford has torn ligaments in his wrist.  He will have to "do something about that in some time" per Stevens.  They are still determining next steps and they don't know if he'll have to take time off down the road or if he is out now.

Same thing he had while here?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo's injury at IU was a torn ligament in his right thumb.  Current injury is torn ligaments in his right wrist.  To say he's snakebit with injuries might be an understatement.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/08/boston-celtics-romeo-langford-suffered-torn-ligaments-in-wrist-will-probably-need-a-procedure-in-the-future.html

Romeo getting some very early first quarter run in game two of the conference finals! Announcers were bewildered that he was first off the bench—I kinda felt the same :)

Came in five minutes into the game as the first Boston sub, and immediately had an assist.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Romeo getting some very early first quarter run in game two of the conference finals! Announcers were bewildered that he was first off the bench—I kinda felt the same :)

Came in five minutes into the game as the first Boston sub, and immediately had an assist.

And, within seconds of reading this, Rachel Nichols chimed in saying that after 81 seconds of on-court time, Romeo is doubtful to return with a groin strain. 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Played 81 seconds aaannnnnnnnnd:

injured himself. 

Now back in the locker room.

So I happened on a random Bleacher Report story listing the top 5 most hyped IU recruits. This is what it had. 

5. Lawrence Funderburke
4. Jared Jeffries 
3. Cody Zeller 
2. Eric Gordon
1. Damon Bailey 

But that story was from 2013. Where does Romeo rank? I can easily see him at No. 2. I'm not sure anybody will ever surpass Damon, or come close, really. But I'd put Romeo second. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

So I happened on a random Bleacher Report story listing the top 5 most hyped IU recruits. This is what it had. 

5. Lawrence Funderburke
4. Jared Jeffries 
3. Cody Zeller 
2. Eric Gordon
1. Damon Bailey 

But that story was from 2013. Where does Romeo rank? I can easily see him at No. 2. I'm not sure anybody will ever surpass Damon, or come close, really. But I'd put Romeo second. 

Id put Damon first with Romeo and Cody battling for second place

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

5. Lawrence Funderburke
4. Jared Jeffries 
3. Cody Zeller 
2. Eric Gordon
1. Damon Bailey 

Ivan Renko is second. 

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Damon Bailey is the most hyped IU recruit but Romeo Langford is tied with Delray Brooks for the most over-hyped IU recruit.

I wouldn't say Romeo was overhyped. He still averaged 16.5 points with a screwed up shooting hand. I'm not sure why people thought he'd be Jordan Hulls from 3. He was a scorer that got stuck in an Archie Miller defense and in a conference whose basketball games resemble rugby more than basketball. 

Romeo got a fair amount of run over the summer and had several highlight reel dunks that were featured on espn. He may finally have a healthy year coming, hope so i’d love to see him finally grt to be able to play at the level of his talent. Stevens has been high on him.

Meanwhile, Carsen Edwards and Kris Dunn have been traded to Memohis

C’s looked like they got it together tonight, and Romeo with 27 min (second most off bench), 12 pts on 4-8 and 2-5 from deep (95-78 W over Miami)

That actually has him at 10-20 and 5-10 from deep so far (5 games).

Still a small sample size but he’s playing well and just maybe has the hand injuries behind him