Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Greg Doyle slices, dices, and destroys Dan Dakich. People that tried to stand by Dakich have had enough; Doyle considers him a guy that used to be evocative, but is now just plain awful.

He says so in an Indy Star paywall article that is conveniently posted with no paywall on Yahoo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-dakich-disintegrating-one-tweet-122538263.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

If garbage tries to call someone else bad... Why would I believe them? Lol. 

I dislike the manner in which Dan Dakich handles many of his issues. But, I tend to generally agree with the core takes of DD.  

It’s a polarizing world out there and cancel culture is a legitimate threat. 

I can fully understand DD’s frustration with Indiana University and it’s not because he wasn’t hired as its coach. Or that they didn’t hire Alford. It’s a deeper topic. Dan is happy to dig himself the hole though, and if that hole gets deep enough to bury him, I guess, so be it. He could/should go about these issues in a different way.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I dislike the manner in which Dan Dakich handles many of his issues. But, I tend to generally agree with the core takes of DD.  

It’s a polarizing world out there and cancel culture is a legitimate threat. 

I can fully understand DD’s frustration with Indiana University and it’s not because he wasn’t hired as its coach. Or that they didn’t hire Alford. It’s a deeper topic. Dan is happy to dig himself the hole though, and if that hole gets deep enough to bury him, I guess, so be it. He could/should go about these issues in a different way.  

I haven't listened to Dakich for some time now, but in the past I really enjoyed it. When he first started, the show was light, insightful, and generally good entertainment. His comments about IU, while tough to hear, were often painfully accurate. As he got more and more disrespectful to his callers, I listened less and less. The great thing about radio is that you can always listen to something else. Those of us who have listened to Dakich for a long time already know the progression. I see no positive point in Doyle's article. It felt more like a personal agenda driven rant.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Counter: no one knows an idiot like an idiot.

That'd be the best argument really. Garbage is an expert in garbage... But the garbage writing the hit piece believes he's a Bugatti and not a broken down Pinto. At worst, I'd say Dakich is a 78 Firebird that you're cousin from Alabama keeps telling you he will get running soon. 

The damdest thing about Dakich bemoaning cancel culture is that he blocks anybody that disagrees with him on Twitter.  He's very much a "do as I say, not as I do" type of person.  (As most people who complain about cancel culture tend to be)
He's a massive hypocrite

Can’t disagree with this at all, besides the spelling of damnedest (just goofing). Like I say, I generally agree with his takes, but his treatment of anyone not his friend is pretty much pitiful.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can’t disagree with this at all, besides the spelling of damnedest (just goofing). Like I say, I generally agree with his takes, but his treatment of anyone not his friend is pretty much pitiful.

My phone tried to correct it to document lol.  I guess I've never tried to spell out damndest before but that's the word my brain was telling me to use

49 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not gonna lie, pretty surprised Chris Gunn would wade into this. I agree with him, but not sure anything good comes from him getting into it. 

So true!

If Chris Gunn wants to chime in, he is far better off doing so as an anonymous message board poster.  

;)        :)

So true!
If Chris Gunn wants to chime in, he is far better off doing so as an anonymous message board poster.  

;)        :)

Kevin Durant style?

Agree, but I think he has an axe to grind and isn’t afraid of the repercussions. I can respect that, especially in defense of his son.

But, social media in general for players and especially players families, you better have thick skin. I’d say just ignore it all together if you can. I’m always nervous for active social media parents.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Not gonna lie, pretty surprised Chris Gunn would wade into this. I agree with him, but not sure anything good comes from him getting into it. 

Didn’t he go after Doyel around Mr. Basketball voting time or am I making that up?

51 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Didn’t he go after Doyel around Mr. Basketball voting time or am I making that up?

Don’t remember.