Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBASE at Maryland - March 29-31, 2019

Middle of the 6th and we're down 1-0 and only have 1 hit.  Maryland has 4 hits but 3 have been for extra bases.  Milto still on the mound.

Maryland with another run in the bottom of the 6th and they lead 2-0. 

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Score Update

I have a super busy weekend so I did not see or hear any of the game tonight nor will I see any of the games this weekend so no normal updates from me. 

With that said IU seems to have a good and bad team that can show up and today was the bad one losing 2-0 to a struggling Maryland team. It appears pitching was really good but when you get shutout on 2 hits you have no chance.

Like I said unable to watch again but nice to see good IU showed up today. Best part is Tanner Gordon really cementing himself as a strong number 2 starter and Richardson obviously looking like the next big thing. 

Good way to start a game.  Gorski legs out an infield hit to lead off and then steals second.  Ashley draws a walk and then both runners advance on a deep fly to center by Lloyd.  Elijah Dunham singles up the middle scoring Gorski for a 1-0 lead.  Cole Barr with a SF brings in Ashley for a 2-0 lead after a half an inning.

Well the euphoria didn't last long.  Maryland leadoff hitter gets a first pitch homer off Saalfrank.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart