Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Wouldn't that require surgery and 4-6 weeks of rest? I'm not a doctor but have stayed at a Holiday Inn

Could be a sports hernia, which is more of an abdominal wall fascia/muscle injury without any bowel poking through. This usual takes 4-6 of rest to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I suspect Rob will be back within a week or two. The bright side is that Franklin will get plenty of time tonight and possibly the first game or two. Could just help going forward getting him some experience.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

27 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I suspect Rob will be back within a week or two. The bright side is that Franklin will get plenty of time tonight and possibly the first game or two. Could just help going forward getting him some experience.

positive spin.  I like it

I don't pay much attention to injury issues with other programs, but we seem to have had a significant number in recent years to impact players. The list since the Crean years would be impressive.

I don't pay much attention to injury issues with other programs, but we seem to have had a significant number in recent years to impact players. The list since the Crean years would be impressive.

Honestly I think it goes back to that recent ESPN article with them talking about kids breaking down so early. The amount of AAU games these kids play prior to college is crazy while their body is developing. It’s almost like in baseball where you expect a pitcher to get Tommy John when drafting them. It’s overuse at a young age. The bones and joints on these kids are like that of a 40 year old man when they are 18. It didn’t used to be that way.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I don't pay much attention to injury issues with other programs, but we seem to have had a significant number in recent years to impact players. 

Nor do I thus it seems like we've had far more than our fair share but have we truly?  We hear about the injuries to the key players on other teams but unless you're a close follower of program "x" you'll likely never look for any detailed injury info.  How many people across the country have any idea of how many games Race and Rob missed last season with concussions or that Jerome missed the entire season?  The injuries are a concern, don't get me wrong, but I think it's just more noticeable and concerning to us because we bleed cream and crimson.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Why does this keep happening? Fred Glass needs to bring in consultants to see how Archie is running his program. I know a Hall of Famer that lives just right down the street that might take a emoji102.png.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That guy down the street has no idea that his son ever played basketball at IU. So yeah go contact him.

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I went to post that as an initial response but I couldn’t hit send. Sucks to type that. I just hope the man finds the peace he needs.

Hurt to read it; BUT, felt pretty good to see it put a hurt on an (in my opinion) absolutely ridiculous post by fk.

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I went to post that as an initial response but I couldn’t hit send. Sucks to type that. I just hope the man finds the peace he needs.

As someone who dealt with this with my own father and has known how bad it is with RMK for some time now I guess I've come to grips with it. But it does hurt. But also thought his post was ridiculous 

As someone who dealt with this with my own father and has known how bad it is with RMK for some time now I guess I've come to grips with it. But it does hurt. But also thought his post was ridiculous 

Agreed on both points. Man this last year has been crazy for me personally. I have had two grandparents pass, an aunt pass, and a good friend pass. We had dementia with one grandparent that passed and it’s just an agonizing way to go. More for the family, but just awful. Two cancers and an overdose in there and I am good for a minute on painful ways of watching people die. Sorry for your dad man.