Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

If “prepared for what’s upcoming” refers to your ability to be super-disappointed, I’m reading you loud and clear.

It appears to be a LONG building process. We aren’t there yet. Our pieces have potential but we have no dominant players right now. My expectations are in check. I admittedly get tired of expecting us to be a fringe NCAA team.

Ready for the reload vs the rebuild.

This year can be fun with the right expectations, especially if we can exceed them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

History is on Gradman's side here.  FT shooting has sucked literally every year of Miller's coaching career.

So two years + one scrimmage? Got it. Our coach is either incompetent or doesn't care about being competent. Got it.

9 minutes ago, goonaha said:

So two years + one scrimmage? Got it. Our coach is either incompetent or doesn't care about being competent. Got it.

"Literally every year of his coaching career", how did you get just two years out of that?  I'm, obviously, including his Dayton years, he has literally never had a team that could hit FTs.

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

"Literally every year of his coaching career", how did you get just two years out of that?  I'm, obviously, including his Dayton years, he has literally never had a team that could hit FTs.

Sorry, didn't realize this was a Dayton board. To answer your question, I got two years out of that because I care about the track record at Indiana and with this roster of players. You, obviously, could have figured that out. 

Also, he "literally" (as opposed to those figurative teams that he's coached) had a Dayton team shoot 72% in 2012-2013 and 78% in 2011-2012. 

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Sorry, didn't realize this was a Dayton board. To answer your question, I got two years out of that because I care about the track record at Indiana and with this roster of players. You, obviously, could have figured that out. 

Also, he "literally" (as opposed to those figurative teams that he's coached) had a Dayton team shoot 72% in 2012-2013 and 78% in 2011-2012. 

What an absurd attempt to deflect your failure to understand. 

Already in midseason form in October. Fair play, this is an absolute take quake.
I don't think he has an offseason for negativity. So he doesn't need to get in midseason form
I'm not too worried about this game. Hyat a scrimmage and without 2 of our top players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

What an absurd attempt to deflect your failure to understand. 

Is it more absurd to say that he's "literally never had a good free throw shooting team" when I could find two with a quick google search though?

So yeah, I misread his initial statement. Because I am thinking about Archie's time at Indiana, I quickly read over his sentence and thought of only Indiana teams. My bad. The horror. But his initial statement, on further investigation, is also objectively wrong. 

15 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Low 70s for the easiest shot in the game isn't anything to write home about, so you have a data set of one year.  Doesn't change that his teams suck at shooting free throws.  So 'literally' isn't the right term but you can expect his teams to be lousy from the stripe because it's an established trend.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Low 70s for the easiest shot in the game isn't anything to write home about, so you have a data set of one year.  Doesn't change that his teams suck at shooting free throws.  So 'literally' isn't the right term but you can expect his teams to be lousy from the stripe because it's an established trend.

For context, that low 70s number was good for 96th in the country. Obviously not outstanding, but above average. I guess you get to throw that out though? I didn't realize the goal posts had moved to the standard of "writing home about".

Did some further digging, his two years at Arizona, Arizona shot 73.3 (32nd in country) and 74.6 (36th in country). 

You are correct in that "literally" was not the right term. But when you jump someone over reading comprehension, maybe take care to choose your own words more carefully.

Low 70’s will put you in the top 100 teams out of 353
Above average. Should low 70’s be above average? Probably not but that’s where it’s at today

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Is it average for teams competing for a NT though. I doubt it 

I don't know but you're more than welcome to crunch the numbers on that. If you have the capability to export all of basketball-reference and pivot the data for only elite eight teams, I would love to know the answer. I will say that a quick look at the top ten FT% teams each of the last few years is illuminating. A lot of non tourney teams in there. The original discussion was centered around a statement that Archie has never had a good free throw shooting team and that by extension is either incompetent or does not care about his job. 

20 minutes ago, goonaha said:

How did Tech and Auburn pull that off? Certainly doesn't seem like average for a national title contender!

Archie has one year that is middle of the pack for title contenders and your still dying on the hill that his teams are just fine at FTs. We only have to bump up about 200 spots to be in the same company after all

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie has one year that is middle of the pack for title contenders and your still dying on the hill that his teams are just fine at FTs. We only have to bump up about 200 spots to be in the same company after all

Sorry, where did I say that we are just fine?

How did Tech and Auburn pull that off? Certainly doesn't seem like average for a national title contender!

LoyolaChicago(127th-72%),Kansas(196th-70), Nova( 10th- 78%), Michigan(323th-66%)
Final 4 2017-18

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app