Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Super disappointing result. This team will struggle to score all year. FT percentage is eye popping terrible.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You’re entitled to your opinions, but if a close score during a scrimmage causes you to be “super-disappointed (or for that matter, “super-happy”) you might want to...

Breathe.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Super disappointing result. This team will struggle to score all year. FT percentage is eye popping terrible.

I mean, they played without their starting backcourt. Seems they performed pretty well given they didn't have their point guard and their senior captain who is projected as the leading scorer. 

I mean, it’s a scrimmage where your top two guards didn’t touch the court. We didn’t exactly lose a scrimmage to Canisius at full strength. I wouldn't worry too much.

And yes FTs suck. 3pt% better??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You’re entitled to your opinions, but if a close score during a scrimmage causes you to be “super-disappointed (or for that matter, “super-happy”) you might want to...
Breathe.

I’ll be fine, thanks. I’m prepared for what’s upcoming, and so were our schedule makers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

They scored 69 point and Green and Phinisee didn’t play. That’s likely two of their top 3 or 4 scorers. The offense will be fine.

I’ll be fine, thanks. I’m prepared for what’s upcoming, and so were our schedule makers.

Schedule makers scheduled according to what the committee showed was important last year. Quantity of wins were more important then quality of wins.

Schedule makers scheduled according to what the committee showed was important last year. Quantity of wins were more important then quality of wins.

So much for that trashy NET system. The committee still made baffling decisions.

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I mean, they played without their starting backcourt. Seems they performed pretty well given they didn't have their point guard and their senior captain who is projected as the leading scorer. 

This is where I’m at with this. Free throw numbers are disappointing but losing by 3 points without our starting backcourt and being led by a freshman in scoring, is encouraging in my mind. 

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

This is where I’m at with this. Free throw numbers are disappointing but losing by 3 points without our starting backcourt and being led by a freshman in scoring, is encouraging in my mind. 

Yes, and Hunter had a strong line (minus the turnovers) in limited minutes, Brunk had a strong line, TJD is only going to get better all season long, and Franklin had a strong performance. Throw Phinisee and Green in and there's a lot to like. 

Free throw shooting is worrisome, worrisome that Smith only had 2 rebounds in 27 minutes and 3 turnovers, and worrisome the Damezi didn't seem to really do anything offensively in 27 minutes, but overall a pretty good result (at least by the final score) given the starting backcourt not playing. 

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If “prepared for what’s upcoming” refers to your ability to be super-disappointed, I’m reading you loud and clear.

13 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

It is clear by now IU will never be a good free throw shooting team under Archie. Either he doesn’t know how to teach free throws or he doesn’t care. NINETEEN freaking points were left off the board.

Already in midseason form in October. Fair play, this is an absolute take quake.