Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

I think he might take questions. I have been to 2 smaller events and he fielded some questions each time. I asked about Deron’s conditioning and expectations last year and got a fairly honest answer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

• Who are the candidates for point guard duties other than Phin?
  • How has DeRon Davis's conditioning been going over the summer?
  • JEROME HUNTER!! (if you get ANY solid answer that'd be heroic, lol)

Is Jerome Hunter the new Andrew Luck? In regards to not knowing anything. Not saying IU is hiding stuff. 

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Is Jerome Hunter the new Andrew Luck? In regards to not knowing anything. Not saying IU is hiding stuff. 

As a fan of both teams I've thought about the similarities to the secrecy about the two players. The main thing to me is that JH is not a professional athlete, he's a minor, and his is a medical (i. e. non-injury) issue.  Still, I wish we knew more.

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU's Archie Miller on the number of players he could bring in for 2020-21: "Four to six more players . That’s the way college basketball goes now. It’s a revolving door, good or bad." #iubb
Jon Blau

Wow shocked by that. 

IU's Archie Miller on the number of players he could bring in for 2020-21: "Four to six more players . That’s the way college basketball goes now. It’s a revolving door, good or bad." #iubb
Jon Blau

4-6 on top of Galloway and Leal?! That has to be including those two right? I can’t imagine an 8 man class. I highly doubt we get close to 6. I’m thinking 4 with the possibility of a 5th if it’s the right recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4-6 on top of Galloway and Leal?! That has to be including those two right? I can’t imagine an 8 man class. I highly doubt we get close to 6. I’m thinking 4 with the possibility of a 5th if it’s the right recruit.

Well he did say 4 to 6 more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes that includes those 2.

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

There was a lot of speculation on this board that Damezi would transfer after last season. Since he stayed and apparently has busted his a$$, I hope he's rewarded and becomes a solid contributor. He was the guy we needed to come off the bench, provide 15-20 solid minutes and knock down some 3s. But he looked slow and out of sorts -- nothing like a B1G player. I hope he makes a big jump this season. I like this kid and want to see him do well. 

Yeah I think Damezi could become a very good player off the bench in his time at IU. I hope he is up to game speed this year. 

39 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Awesome time tonight!! Evening started with IU Board Member Pat Shoulders with introductions. Easy to say that Pat is sold on Archie. Archie talked and answered questions for a total of 45 minutes. IU great Anthony Thompson was in attendance along with Fred Glass and Todd Leary. Afterwards you were able to get a picture and autograph from Archie. Nice guy, was surprised I was taller than him! Fred, AT, and Todd were also very nice. More the reason I hope Archie works out at IU. A few takeaways:

1) Archie doesn't BS around. He means it when he says it. He is honest and up front. I think that is a great attribute with recruits. 

2) He didn't say this word for word, but IU's breakout players could be Devonte Green and De'Ron Davis. Said De'Ron is in great shape and that Devonte is going to have to make plays this year and be more consistent (sounds familiar)

3) Someone wanted me to ask this but he answered it earlier in his time- Sounds like Al Durham will be your #2 option at the PG. He also said that Armaan will be a combo guard too. 

4) Said that Joey Brunk has been a great addition to the locker room and that it is amazing how one guy can change things. Said IU fans will love him. 

5) If you would have told Archie a year ago that Phinisee would have the freshman season that he had he wouldn't have believed it. 

6) Said that he has had teams that has had guys who will look at him and say "I'm ready to play" when Archie knows they aren't ready yet. Says all 11 guys can and will play. 

7) High on TJD-could be IU's most talented player. 

8) Can't talk about recruits but he likes where things are going. Sounds like it is a possibility IU adds 2-4 more guys in addition to what they have. I don't think he says that unless he is certain. Also said that he LOVES Evansville and wants to be here all the time-that drew a huge applause (Lander). 

9) Not sure how to take the Jerome Hunter news. Said he is cleared but didn't say how much. 

10) Damezi Anderson is the teams strongest player. 

11) Said that he uses Justin Smith as an example in his defensive drills during practices-he joked he thought he would never say that and also said that Justin could be on an All-Big Ten Defensive team.

I hope Archie is the right guy. He has said and recruited the right way. It just has to translate to wins. I hope they have a good year to build on. 

No word on the future of the pack line?

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Strange. Does he project Pros, Transfers, both?

I still think it’s a 4 man class.

I was wondering that too. Another poster wondered if Smith would grad transfer? Maybe Race? Especially if IU gets Matt Cross. We will see. Think he has two open spots as of now. 

I don't think it's strange for him to say 4-6. Gives himself flexibility and prevents media/fans from pinning him down to "well you said specifically 4 on x date." Who knows what will happen in the spring. He's not signing 6 recruits by fall that's for sure.