Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Holy crap ... DeRon Davis has most definitely lost some lbs. An in-shape DeRon combined with his late-season attitude toward leadership and accountability would be a helluva player for IU this coming season.

Absolutely! So ready for IU to have legit big men. I've had enough of under-sized (Freddie Mc) out of position (Colin Hartman) or high (Hanner) players in the post! Get these two watching film of Uwe stat! 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

As cautious as I am about next season if our upperclassmen can play like upperclassmen and consistently perform near their peak capability then we should be pretty solid. 

Green and Smith need consistency. Al just needs a little more development already solid and with Davis it was conditioning. 

All 4 of those guys can be legit contributors. Then With Brunk and Phinisee we should have a decent core without needing any freshmen. If the Freshmen are ready that’s great. 

A top 30 freshmen is overwhelmingly likely to be a core contributor too; he better be!

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed but other than Duke and UK I think the recipe got success has been shown to be don’t ever rely on freshmen being ready. 

Every top 50 freshman we've had in the last ten years has been a major contributor as a freshman (absent injuries).

I like the idea of bringing Jackson-Davis along slowly if Brunk and Davis are productive at the 5. If Jackson-Davis is quick enough to play the 4 on defense and be respectable from outside the paint IU moves from low middle pack in the Big Ten to solid middle of the pack. Regardless, I think Jackson-Davis’ impact will be from sophomore season on.

Now a healthy Hunter to have size, athleticism, and shooting on the wing would be even a more welcomed surprise.

I thought last off-season we needed a big that could play the 5 to alleviate Morgan from getting banged around in the Big Ten. I still believe we would have been far better off with size over a wing or guard with Morgan being able to overpower most other 4s in the league. Hopefully, the staff realized that over last season and were don’t with the days of undersized “bigs.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Every top 50 freshman we've had in the last ten years has been a major contributor as a freshman (absent injuries).

And we haven’t been very successful missing the tourney more than we have made it. We might be doing something wrong. Counting on Freshmen to contribute is a recipe for disaster unless you can get the guys that belong in the NBA

5 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Absolutely! So ready for IU to have legit big men. I've had enough of under-sized (Freddie Mc) out of position (Colin Hartman) or high (Hanner) players in the post! Get these two watching film of Uwe stat! 

Amen to this. TJD, Joey, De'Ron are all legit options at the 5. I cannot remember the last time IU had this many at the 5. They have decent options at the 4 (Justin, Race)

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

A top 30 freshmen is overwhelmingly likely to be a core contributor too; he better be!

I know rankings aren't everything but I agree, usually they are correct on your top 25-30 kids. I think TJD will play starter minutes for Indiana this season (20-25 a game). From what I saw in high school, I think he is ready. I think it will be between he and Carton for B1G FOY. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Amen to this. TJD, Joey, De'Ron are all legit options at the 5. I cannot remember the last time IU had this many at the 5. They have decent options at the 4 (Justin, Race)

I know rankings aren't everything but I agree, usually they are correct on your top 25-30 kids. I think TJD will play starter minutes for Indiana this season (20-25 a game). From what I saw in high school, I think he is ready. I think it will be between he and Carton for B1G FOY. 

I’m not saying TJD won’t. But the good thing is that we aren’t not counting on him. 

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not saying TJD won’t. But the good thing is that we aren’t not counting on him. 

Yes and that is why getting Brunk was a huge plus for IU. IU doesn't need him to get 12pts 7rb 2blk as a freshman. However, I think he is talented enough to get close to that.

Last year we had a lot of fun over Justin's reported 48" vertical and was it a standing jump or a running jump so let's do it again this year but we're only going with 40" verticals.

@aldurham01 @ChefBoyArGreen @justinsmith3_ @TrayceJackson @robphinisee1 @nchildress13

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Last year we had a lot of fun over Justin's reported 48" vertical and was it a standing jump or a running jump so let's do it again this year but we're only going with 40" verticals.

@aldurham01 @ChefBoyArGreen @justinsmith3_ @TrayceJackson @robphinisee1 @nchildress13

On track to make the NCAA Verticals tournament again this year. Waiting to see how the basketball pans out.

[/url]  

I love the first twitter comment. “How about the 40% shooting club”. That’s funny stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app