Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

‘Sky is falling’ vs the reality that we are spinning our wheels in mediocrity?

Sky isn’t falling, that’s for sure.

But have we shown any tangible evidence we are advancing towards being a top 10 basketball program?

Hence the angst from the fanbase that wants to be a top 10 program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we have shown evidence of being a top Big Ten program. I think people are ignoring the good, because we don’t have Jordan Hulls or Christian Watford type shooters on the team. I’ve said before that all college rosters yearly are projections because of the youth and development of players vary. But we have stacked back to back classes with very good multi year players. People need to stop looking at who was missed and look at who is coming or here already. IU is in a good spot.  No national expectations, but a roster that is top half of the Big Ten quality. For the first time in years we have Big Ten size. We have guys who are good shooter, just not great ones, in Green, Phinisee, Durham, Hunter, and Anderson. 

If people wanted top 10 by year 3, then we needed to hire a guy like Pitino or Calipari, skirt the rules, and recruit only one and done players. We will be a top 10 team in 2 years imo. 

2 hours ago, bigrod said:

I realize players don't have to be as careful with their words, but when Morgan was asked if Hunter would play next year, he sounded much, much more optimistic.

As did McRoberts.  Both were unequivocal and definite in their responses that they believed he'd play next year.  Ex-players don't have to parse their words, as you say.

We definitely have not shown evidence that we can be a top 10 program in 2019-20. But even if Jerome isn't available next season, we are adding three pretty good new players who will likely contribute and some talented returning players. It is not a team that will contend for the national championship, but it is team with the talent to win enough games to make it to the tournament.  That would be a step forward which I think is all most IU fans are asking for at this point.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I honestly don’t know why but I just never got any social media accounts. I know I am the outlier but most everything I care to see or read is already somewhere. I always get yelled at from family members to get on Facebook. Always seemed like too much drama for me.

Then maybe avert your gaze from this nugget.

Screenshot_20190531-211247_Twitter.jpg

In case you didn't see it, Jerome was responding to rumors he wont be back:

Screenshot_20190531-211829_Twitter.jpg

2 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Oh... so you mean, Romeo didn't bang everybody's girlfriends last year? 

Can't believe that one rumor that some people took as gospel wasn't true. 

He chimed in...

Screenshot_20190531-212136_Twitter.jpg

‘Sky is falling’ vs the reality that we are spinning our wheels in mediocrity?

Sky isn’t falling, that’s for sure.

But have we shown any tangible evidence we are advancing towards being a top 10 basketball program?

Hence the angst from the fanbase that wants to be a top 10 program.

Hey Wayne,

The main issue with some of the negative posters is the insane amount of posts they make over and over without providing anything else. I’m all for positive and negative views, but you can’t keep going crazy negative or positive like some are. That’s were I can’t stand some posters. Hope you are well man :)

16 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Hey Wayne,

The main issue with some of the negative posters is the insane amount of posts they make over and over without providing anything else. I’m all for positive and negative views, but you can’t keep going crazy negative or positive like some are. That’s were I can’t stand some posters. Hope you are well man :)

Frankly I’m tired of being called negative. 

Im not negative I’m simply realistic. I wasn’t being negative when I trashed Crean in 2010-11. I was stating the realistic outlook with a bad coach. 

Yet people who have to label everything as positive or negative labeled me negative and not a loyal fan. 

Hey Wayne,

Yeah, I don’t disagree. Some of the negative stuff is preposterous. Some of the positive
Stuff is for the dreamers.

I get it, it’s more fun to expect/hope for good things and find the silver lining.

Ive always been a person to be objective despite my loyalties in all things.

I don’t fashion myself as negative at all, but I’m certain others do. I can tell you one thing, when our results and expectations merit positivity, I’ll be the flag waving cheerleader leading the pack.

I was initially underwhelmed by the Archie hiring but then bought in full boat when he put his staff together and started landing primary targets and talking about real basketball versus cliche creanisms.

He’s been less than impressive so far on the court and recruiting seems to be taking an entirely different approach with “lesser” results.

Who knows, maybe it’ll all work out. I’m certainly hoping it does.

Yeah, I don’t disagree. Some of the negative stuff is preposterous. Some of the positive
Stuff is for the dreamers.

I get it, it’s more fun to expect/hope for good things and find the silver lining.

Ive always been a person to be objective despite my loyalties in all things.

I don’t fashion myself as negative at all, but I’m certain others do. I can tell you one thing, when our results and expectations merit positivity, I’ll be the flag waving cheerleader leading the pack.

I was initially underwhelmed by the Archie hiring but then bought in full boat when he put his staff together and started landing primary targets and talking about real basketball versus cliche creanisms.

He’s been less than impressive so far on the court and recruiting seems to be taking an entirely different approach with “lesser” results.

Who knows, maybe it’ll all work out. I’m certainly hoping it does.

Love your objectivity. Your a good middle ground that calls it pretty accurately imo.

There are the sunshine pumpers and the negative Nancy’s and you are neither which is refreshing

F-Dub

2 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Did I say you were overly negative Brass, no I did not. I was merely pointing out why people get frustrated with certain posters. If you read in my post, I don’t care if your positive or negative, I just want there to be legit merit to it. People need to relax around here, Mdn said it best, we need some hugs for sure around here.

Football tailgate this year anyone? :)

No you didn’t call me that but I would say 90 percent of the posters not the posts themselves that are called negative are in fact just being objective. 

I honestly don’t know why but I just never got any social media accounts. I know I am the outlier but most everything I care to see or read is already somewhere. I always get yelled at from family members to get on Facebook. Always seemed like too much drama for me.

You are a wise man

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app