Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

Archie doesn’t sound too optimistic about Hunter.

If we go into the season with 10 guys on Scholly, that is a freaking joke. And he’ll use that as an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Is he supposed to lie and claim it an advantage? Chill on the accusations.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie doesn’t sound too optimistic about Hunter.

If we go into the season with 10 guys on Scholly, that is a freaking joke. And he’ll use that as an excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don’t think he’d get a total pass because he would only have 10 scholarship players. That’s not on me to decide what others should think just my thoughts.

For me personally, I need to see where this is headed this upcoming season to continue to support him. There are plenty of things I like and things I think he sees that need to be corrected but this season they need to be corrected.

If we have 10 guys getting rotation and are engaged in each game that is a good thing.  So some of you want 2 guys at the end of the bench not engaged and thinking about which schools to transfer to the following year?

If a team is playing 11-12 guys a night that tells you 3-4 of them aren't producing.

9 minutes ago, el drado said:

If we have 10 guys getting rotation and are engaged in each game that is a good thing.  So some of you want 2 guys at the end of the bench not engaged and thinking about which schools to transfer to the following year?

If a team is playing 11-12 guys a night that tells you 3-4 of them aren't producing.

No we want two guys on the bench practicing and learning the system so they can contribute a year or two down the line. 

Because 10 rotation guys next year means 8 or fewer that know the system the year after. 

Wait, wait, wait.....so we want to get commitments from 4* and 5* guys who have the foresight that sitting on the bench for a year is in their best interest and the best interest of a program that is bigger than one individual?

This is my problem with this fanbase, we want it all, we want an older mature team full of 5* talents who are from Indiana and commit on Archie's command.  Those days are unrealistic.  

EDIT** e.g. Damezi, he needs a year or two more....i see a lot of people questioning whether he can play though

Edited by el drado

7 minutes ago, el drado said:

Wait, wait, wait.....so we want to get commitments from 4* and 5* guys who have the foresight that sitting on the bench for a year is in their best interest and the best interest of a program that is bigger than one individual?

This is my problem with this fanbase, we want it all, we want an older mature team full of 5* talents who are from Indiana and commit on Archie's command.  Those days are unrealistic.  

EDIT** e.g. Damezi, he needs a year or two more....i see a lot of people questioning whether he can play though

What’s the logical fallacy where you make up some ridiculous bs that nobody said and then refute that(poorly as you did)

I don’t think he’d get a total pass because he would only have 10 scholarship players. That’s not on me to decide what others should think just my thoughts.

For me personally, I need to see where this is headed this upcoming season to continue to support him. There are plenty of things I like and things I think he sees that need to be corrected but this season they need to be corrected.

Yep, completely agree with this. It’s year 3. This is his roster. The seniors have been in it long enough and everyone else came in as freshmen under Archie or was recruited by him. We can debate whether or not the Juniors would be here without him but this is their 3rd year. We have to win.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I love that we chose Anderson over Aaron Henry. That was brilliant.

Also completely untrue. Anderson chose us first. I liked Henry more at the time as well cause I saw Damezi play a couple times and wasn’t impressed, but you can’t turn an in-state 4 start player away because another player might want to commit

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

If you weren’t impressed. Then why was Archie? Coaches get paid Millions to find the answers. He’s a really good guy but he is way in over his head. He wasn’t ready for this step up.

Honestly, did you watch his Dayton teams?  I salivated over that type of ball being played. 

Aaron Henry had planned on choosing IU until Jerome Hunter announced he had decided to go to IU. Damezi Anderson had nothing to do with Henry's decision.

And I don’t think anyone would have had Henry over Hunter in high school.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Aaron Henry had planned on choosing IU until Jerome Hunter announced he had decided to go to IU. Damezi Anderson had nothing to do with Henry's decision.

Sounds like Aaron Henry hit the lottery. 

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

If you weren’t impressed. Then why was Archie? Coaches get paid Millions to find the answers. He’s a really good guy but he is way in over his head. He wasn’t ready for this step up.

Wait what?

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

And factually, Henry didn't even have an IU (or Michigan State) offer when Anderson signed.

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

It’s IUs luck. We pick between 3 coaches and get the most ineffective of the 3. Pick between 2 wings from 3 and get the worst one and the one that cant play.

Just tired of never getting a break. We never do!

I'm with you on the bad luck. Sports does take luck at certain times. (Virginia had some luck in the tournament.) Hope that changes soon. 

Honestly, did you watch his Dayton teams?  I salivated over that type of ball being played. 

Just curious. How many Dayton games did you watch? I watched a couple the year he made his run and then watched the following year when they played here in Indy. The Indy game was not that exciting but the tourney run games were. Still I would not presume to think that watching that tourney run and deciding that was any more indicative of what his teams can do than making that decision based on how we played down the stretch this year (2 wins vs MSU).

I am curious if you watched more than a couple of games a year while he was at Dayton.

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

This isn’t Dayton. It isn’t the A-10.

I will assume you didn't watch them then....here is what i saw from his teams.

1)  Players were moving the ball on offense, no stagnation

2)  on defense, players were engaged, and had their hands up

It was the type of basketball WE ALL OUR WANTING.  The difference between you and me is that i think Archie has shown what we want when he was at Dayton (elements have been shown at IU too) and can do it at IU.  You think not

Henry got the offer Sunday and Anderson and hunter committed on Monday if I’m remembering correctly. He didn’t have a Michigan St offer yet

IU offered Henry on July 16th. Race(reclassifies) , Hunter and Anderson all committed on July 17th. Looking back probably bad timing for 3 to commit on same day especially the day after another kid is offered